Identify this aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

What is this?
Here are a couple of photos I took of a TV screen wile watching the 1951 movie "When Worlds Collide".
Every time I watch this movie I wander what type aircraft it is. Any one have an Idea?

Haven't seen this movie for years, but from memory in this scene with the Spartan there is a cockpit shot with actor Richard Derr and a young woman who is simply stunning!
Her name??

Haven't seen this movie for years, but from memory in this scene with the Spartan there is a cockpit shot with actor Richard Derr and a young woman who is simply stunning!
Her name??
Barbara Rush

Attachments

• Barbara Rush.png
    372.5 KB · Views: 68
Barbara Rush

Thanks, but that's not the woman I'm thinking of. She only appears briefly at the start, making out with Derr in the Cockpit. Your photo is also a very large cockpit for the Spartan.

You've inspired me to get off this chair and go and buy it!
Cheers!

When Merced had the Antique Fly In every year, there would be two or three Spartan aircraft on the line. Was a wonderful time to see so many older aircraft from the "Golden" years of aviation.

Users who are viewing this thread