If you only had one weapon...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A lorryload or two of bottles of vodka. I would prepare the terrain during the night by laying my vodkafield to cover all approaches...

A FG42 with plenty of ammo, or a BAR with plenty of ammo. If I'm in a trench, there's not going to be a forced march for a while, so I might as well hit them with the heaviest gun I can carry without any support personel.

I would take a MP-44 or a MG-42 and nail the living shit out of the attacking enemy. The MG-42 because it was a good enough machine gun and the noise it made were famous during WW2 to make the enemy soldiers very scared. The MP-44 because it was a very fine assault rifle.

[assume you mean WWII hardware]

Since I'm alone, I'll be running my @ss off opposite the well armed enemy with my WWII M1 carbine with as many clips as I can carry. Not a long range weapon, but 110gr at 2000fps and a light load is better than most other weapons in retreat and within 200yds. Nothin but asshole and elbows.

Well, if you wanted quick supressing fire and decent accuracy, the M1 seems like the good choice. However, if you want to hit things precisely then the Kar. But you knew these things, so I'm just rambling.

I can't think of anything better than to have a rifle which is both full and semi automatic, accurate, and at the same time shoots a 125gr round at 685 m/s. The Germans tested the MP-44 against their own thickly armored steel-helmets and found the 7.92x33 Kurz round would penetrate it completely out to 700m, not bad. Can't help but think what the safe range was for the thinner Allied helmets !

Agreed - it's no coincidence that nearly all rifles developed since 1945 have taken at least some of its features.

...okay.

So we are now in a clean slate fantasy?

WWII scenario did not have MP-44 ammo to be had. M1 Carbine was much more prevalent to scavenge.

Hey, I'm making this scenario to be to my advantage based upon reality. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back