IF YOU WERE RICH AND COULD AFFORD ANY WWII PLANE ...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It would definitely be a P-47 Thunderbolt. If I'm a multimillionaire with my own bird I'm flying the biggest and the baddest of the single-engine fighters.

Have to be the Mossie, plenty of range to go where I want, good payload to carry what I want (and no doubt the shopping my wife would buy), excellent speed to get there quickly, and the general performance to have a lot of fun along the way.
No contest

Have to be the Mossie, plenty of range to go where I want, good payload to carry what I want (and no doubt the shopping my wife would buy), excellent speed to get there quickly, and the general performance to have a lot of fun along the way.
No contest
Hahaha, why not a Lancaster then, your wife could buy a boat and you could fly it home.

Real easy, the first P-40 B/C or E/K , I could get my hands on! And if I didn't blow enough money , then I would find and rebuild to flying condition a P-61 because it is a shame we don't get to see one of those flying around!

I'd love a FW 190 "Sturmbock" with that elongated eagle marking on the sides
2) a Macchi 2002 in the desert camoflage
3) a JU87G Tank killer
4) a B-17G
I'd take theFW and the Stuka to tree top level just to show off!!:twisted:

A Spitfire Mk.XIVE with teardrop canopy. And a nice-looking female mechanic to look after the plane.

Venganza

I would get a Zeke fighter because they are so rare.

UUUmm lets see...
a P51d just freakin bad
a f4u corsair gotta have one if ya wanna keep up with the joneses
a F82 twin mustang.....when u wanna beat the jonses and everything else

I'd never want a 109. Landing one is as dangerous as the F4U. It's like landing a bicycle.

I'd never want a 109. Landing one is as dangerous as the F4U. It's like landing a bicycle.

I do not think it was as bad as you make it out to be.

1. The landing gear arrangement was less than ideal, but no worse than many fighters. pbfoot actually access to a flying Bf 109 and Spitfire. He went out to the hanger and measured them and the Spitfire was actually wider than the Bf 109's. The toe is what made the 109 bad.

2. Actual statistics were posted on this site (I can not remember the thread) that shows that the Bf 109 had not many more accidents on landing than any other aircraft of WW2.

As the 109s gear both cambered out and toed out, it had insipient swing at take off and landing, that is a fact. These issues could be addressed with pilot training.

Anyways I'd pick a Hurricane its pretty unique warbird.

slaterat

As the 109s gear both cambered out and toed out, it had insipient swing at take off and landing, that is a fact. These issues could be addressed with pilot training.

Agreed, however a pilot who is trained on the aircraft is not going to have much problems with it. As stated it has been discussed at length and was proven that the Bf 109 did not crash on landing in any alarming numbers.

My first pick would have to be the P-47N cause I like'em. Second would be the F-7 Tigercat just for the speed and fun factor. Then for the novelty factor a Do-335. No, they aren't maneuverable, but d@mn they're fast.

The F7 Tigercat is a great answer. What a monster that was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back