IL-2 Online

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Gzuz

Airman
Apr 15, 2010
Ohio, USA
Hello folks I stumbled across your forum and am posting in hopes of getting some answers

I bought the game a long time ago but was never able to play online.. there was no server list or anything of the sort and you had to manually enter an I.P. so I never played online. So how DO I play it online?

P.S. I'm installing it again it as I type.

I also did a quick search of the forums and didn't return any useful results, so maybe this is just a nooby question :p

You have two big options: Hyperlobby (the most popular) and XFire, both are admins that you must install in your PC and open every time you want play online, then select the game (having installed 1946 you must choose "Forgotten Battles" in Hyperlobby, don´t remember about XFire). Once started HL, at the left row you will see all the servers, how many players actually are in there and the max players admitted. Click on one of them and then "join to..."
As Beaupower said, if your game version is not the same as the server you want come in, you wan´t enter. The most popular today is 4.09 m.
Good luck.

After I posted, I closed the browser and forgot to bookmark this site. I just found it now (by mistake hehe)

I got hyperlobby, already had XFire the problem is I am the only person in the room. I dont have forgotten battles, which where the 230 other people are :cry:

Err, then you'll have to get 1946 and patch it up to 4.09m or else you'll have a very hard time finding players online. (I don't play online since I have Pacific Fighters 4.04 and people hardly play it. :oops:)

yeah... i was afraid of that when I saw 230 people in forgotten battles and 0 in IL-2 Sturmovik rooms :lol: Guess I'll have to try tin find a copy of 1946 somewhere

I also have LOMAC, and Pacific Fighters

IL-2 1946 comes shipped as v4.07m
There are only two patches that need to be applied to get to v4.09m
The v4.09m skin pack is not necessary but it is a nice addition.

Patching sequence.
DVD: v4.07m
v4.08m Patch:
v4.09m Patch:
V4.09mSkin Pack:

Get the v4.08m patch here. Ubisoft - IL-2 Sturmovik?: 1946
144.8MB - v4.08m patch (1st link)

Get the v4.09m patches here: SimHQ Mirror for the 409 Patch / Updates! - SimHQ Forums
567MB - v4.09m patch (2nd link in the post)
260MB - v4.09m skins pack (Last link in the post)

No need to register to get the patches from these links. ;)

Wheels

sweet, thanks wheels I'll get those as soon as I find the game 8)

Hello folks!
Been a while since I've been here, but I finally bought 1946 through Steam. Couldn't believe that no one had a physical copy of the game, bestbuy, buybacks, gamestop, funcoland, the record exhange, babbages, even walmart lol none of them had it. I prefer to have a physical copy but Steam download was the only one I could find...

Anyway, I have 1946 now maybe I'll see some of you online!
I'll be the burning pile of wreckage 1500ft below you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back