IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Man, I'd kill for the Vampire and the Meteor. For that matter, a British heavy bomber. British aircraft have been given the relative shaft in this sim. Now don't get me wrong here, I love the selection of American bombers we've been given throughout the series, but lets just compare:

For the Americans, we have four models of B-17, a B-24, the B-29, then we have four models of the B-25 medium type. Throw in the P-80A for jets. For the British we have two marks of the old Blenheim, the Australian Beaufighter Mk.21, and two marks of the Mossie; neither of which can carry rockets in the game. Not a single heavy or jet to be had. As for carrier planes, we have the Seafire Mk.III and that's it. How about a Swordfish, Fulmar, Skua, or the absolute must: the Barracuda?

I'd love a Lanc, Hali, Wellington, and yes...even a Sterling. But it ain't gonna happen now. Here's hoping for the new Storm of War series.

Got them all in CFS3 Some still to be released to the public, but they will be free, as well... Check out the CFS thread below, I'll post a few.

Hello!! Thanx for the info. I still haven't found the game here in Serbia. The plane I'm looking forward to try out is DO-335 Pfeil and see the performance of those two DB 603A-2 engines. The Mig-9 is also my fav, though it wasn,t so good in reality because of its technical problems.

The Do-335 rocks, especially the V-13 version with the extra cannons. It's not accurately portrayed though. Unlike the A-0 model, it shouldn't have the internal bomb bay, and the nose wheel should be much bigger. All they did was take the Do-335A-0 and stick some wing cannons on it to make it a Do-335V-13. That's me being picky, but what the hell. Actually, little things like that exist for a few other planes in-game as well, like the La-7 for instance.

Despite that though, this sim still rocks!

The additional planes and goodies from 1946 was worth the 40 bucks.... Theres so many more things to do now in FMBuilder....

Back on topic, some more shots from FB...

Attachments

• grab0000_2.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 91
  • grab0003_2.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 89
  • grab0001_2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 104
  • grab0004.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 84
  • grab0003_4.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 103
Nice shots Les.