IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm pretty sure it's birds of prey that's coming out on xbox, and judging by first impressions, it seems more like an arcade style game than a simulator. Don't get me wrong, I like arcade-style games, they can be a nice change of pace from the realism, but I get the feeling Il-2 is starting to lean more and more to the rising popularity of arcade-style flight games, and eventually, this could lead to the demise of the home simulator. There will always be people who appreciate the sims, like me, but there may be less and less sims on the shelves in the coming years. I think Il-2 should stick to it's roots and just make another sim with more planes, better graphics (which is one thing all arcade games have had better than sims), and better sound. I know you can get most of what I just said at AAA and other sites, but it would just be nicer to not have to go through the hassle of installing a bunch of new things, and sometimes something can go wrong and cause your game to always crash at a certain point. This is just my opinion, though. Other people may feel differently.

Last edited:
I agree with you, Auravir, about the modding. And half the time any addons you do aren't compatable with your friend's game version...so they have to mod thiers to match yours and so on...what a mess...that's why I have left mine stock for the time being.

The new release is going to be alot like "Heros of the Pacific" that Ubi put out a few years ago. I got it thinking it was going to be like IL-2: PF and man was I ever wrong. Ran it a few times and was completely disappointed.

So I guess if a person is looking for an arcade style "fly shoot", these releases will be what they're looking for...but if they are hoping for something like IL-2 on a console, it aint gonna happen...

Well back to the topic. Shots I took from the first IL-2 since it runs quite smoother than PF, and I took Auravir's idea of flying through a bridge upside down and did it with the Yak.

Not good.....

"Holy sh*t!"

Survives!

*Applause*

-Arlo

Its still aways off Dave... Ive been workin on a multi-combat idea involving III./JG54, December 29th 1944 and Hauptmann Weiss....

I got some issues with the skins tho and may be calling on u once again Brother for some skin work... Nothin fancy like u did for my Bert Marshall tribute, but Im gonna need a generic Yellow 9 and Black 10, AND Fritz Ungars Yellow? (Still lookin for his number, no luck so far) of 11./JG54 as well as 3 Spitfire MkIe for 331 Norwegian Squadron... Alot to ask...

Its either that or use another Squadrons letters.... 331's was FN for Free Norway and Ive searched for hours with the skinners sites with ZERO luck of anything close.....

The Beurling gimick is in its infancy.... I dont normally fly the Spitter so it takes some gettin used to.... Gonna go against a bunch of Eyetalians over/around Gozo... Not much info concerning the mission tho other than the 2 Aces he shot down....

Sounds like a cool mission...and so, how does the Spit handle? To be honest, I've never flown one in IL-2. I did fly one once many years ago in Jane's WW2F, and I hated it and never went for a second try...

As far as the skins go, wouldn't be a prob, just say the word, and I'm on it!

Now that the summer months are behind us, I'm thinking about maybe finishing some vid projects that I started last winter

Users who are viewing this thread