IL2 Forgotten Battles Screenshots...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My hat's off to ya' regarding the Corsair...I try and fly that bird and it ends up killing me damn-near every time. Now on the other hand, give me a Dauntless or a wildcat, and I can work them like a prom dress. I guess it boils down to what works for the individual.

Love ur new siggy man....
You know, this is a shameless plug for the ww2ac t-shirt! :lol:

I was in a "mood" this evening, and so I went-A-killin' and put my machines through thier paces while handing out generous quantities of hurt :thumbleft:

First shot is my 190 showing signs of some good brawlin' over the Kuban and the other screen shows my '110 over the wintery plains near Moscow...

Attachments

• 190_typical-mission.jpg
    190_typical-mission.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 160
  • Bf110_ost-winter.jpg
    Bf110_ost-winter.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 139
Couple of screen shots of a template skin I just finished for the Ki-43 1a. Thanks to Shinpachi for the engine work fantastic job. Ooops, my bad, when I made the screen shots I forgot to activate the weathering layer before sending it to the bmp file. Sorry take some More later.

Attachments

• Ki-43 Attack.jpg
    Ki-43 Attack.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Ki-43 Attack 2.jpg
    Ki-43 Attack 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 196
  • Ki-43 Attack 3.jpg
    Ki-43 Attack 3.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Thanks wheels. The hardest part for me was the chipping, I had some great help in figuring it out.

I was watching that thread too. ;)
Rudi and Casey are very good at skinning.

You've branched away from the P-38 recently and it hasn't diminished the quality.
IMO, you are getting better and better with each skin.

Wheels

Last edited:
Here I am in my Bf 110 G-4. Im going to change the color on the flame dampners later, just a test here to see how it flew. Me and the wingman intercepted a lone B-24 while test flying our crates, the quick burst in the wing put the B-24 down.

Thanks Wheels, I do have a couple of P-38's on the drawing board. I've never done bare metal so they will be a challenge, any suggestion there GG ?
OK, got a couple of shots with the weathering.

Attachments

• Shot with weathering 3.jpg
    Shot with weathering 3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Shot with weathering 2.jpg
    Shot with weathering 2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Shot with weathering.jpg
    Shot with weathering.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thanks Wheels, I do have a couple of P-38's on the drawing board. I've never done bare metal so they will be a challenge, any suggestion there GG ?
Don't know why I just now saw this :(

There's a number of good tutorials out there regarding bare metal finishes (BMF), and there's about twice as many arguments regarding which is the best method.

I personally prefer the look that matches the aircraft, each is unique and why should the bare metal finish be the same on a P-51D as it is on a P-38 or a B-24? They were made by different manufacturers, assembled at different times with metal made from different vendors and deployed in different locations at different points in time. But that's my opinion and doesn't hold up well in discussions with the "experts" :lol:

I tend use a number of layers with differing shades of silver/gray and with varying opacity, the top of which has a slight silverblue hue. I'll also use the same silverblue color in a layer that highlights junctions, such as wingroots, leading edges and panels...anywhere the panels would reflect on each other. Make sure to add a layer of these that'll dull various panels to give them a weathered or mismatched look, since the aircraft's skin and the panels were assembled at different stages during the it's assembly/construction.

I'll post a screenshot from a recent project I worked on for LesOfPrimus' tribute video to Drgndog's father and the gang from Steeple Morden. This screenshot was a "prelim" and still had yet to be weathered and finalized, but might help illustrate the way I'll do a BMF. By the way, all of the BMF on the mustangs I did for that video are slightly different...I didn't "cookie cutter" them :)

And jeez, Amsel...cutting that headon a little close, weren't ya'??? :lol:

Attachments

• WR-J[2].jpg
    WR-J[2].jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 161

Users who are viewing this thread

Back