Impossible Situations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Did she? I thought was her...eeewww...she was ugly and 12! Oh...that is wrong... :puke:

Soren, who said it was a fighter along side? It could have been a bomber or transport. At any rate, why would it be the case that the Me-109 depicted would necessarily know where or how far the Mc-205 is behind him?

What makes you think that fighter pilots have not done or would never do anything stupid while evading or pursuing for that matter?

This is all speculation. A picture is a slice in time that can betray assumptions.

I stand by my assertion that it will always be the case that two fighters, on opposite sides, one in front of the other, will necesssarily be engaged in combat.

That being said, I would agree that the vantage point of the photographer is cause for suspicion. (I was the one who first raised this issue.) The vantage point of the photographer can raise the inference, however reasonable or unreasonable, that these two fighters are not in fact two fighters on opposite sides (a necessary condition to my assertion). The picture could, after all, be a post war depiction.

It is possible that its a post war pic, its actually very possible.

Soren, who said it was a fighter along side? It could have been a bomber or transport.

The a/c from which the pic was taken, can very well be a bomber or transport, just as well as it could be a fighter.

What makes you think that fighter pilots have not done or would never do anything stupid while evading or pursuing for that matter?

Most commonly a pilot who is chased will try and evade his foe, rather be a sitting duck.(I Know I would !) But then again, maybe this 109 pilot is just tired of life, who knows ;) (Kidding :D )

This is all speculation. A picture is a slice in time that can betray assumptions.

Exactly.

However here's what seems to be visible on the picture:

The 109 isn't doing any evasive maneuver, and the MC.205 seems to be flying besides it. Also there is no smoke coming from the 109, nor is there any visible damage on the 109.

My mistake, they're actually RSI markings. :oops:

And the caption for the pic on the site it came from says they're in formation:

Un Veltro della R.S.I. in formazione con un Bf.109G della Luftwaffe.

Where did you get the caption ?

And in the end, the German pilot accepted his homosexuality, the Italian pilot got captured by the allies, finished out the war in POW camp on Staten Island, NY, married a local girl and opened up a butcher. His estranged wife thinking her husband died, moved in with the homosexual former Luftwaffe pilot and started a girl-drag queen burlesque show in Marseilles. The poor Italian girl... Well, after the war she re-located to New Zealand and is now a sheep farmer.....

The Italian pilot and local NY girl had a son, and that's who we know as FB...right, FB? :lol: ;)

:lol: Oh, well...

By the way, CC, it was still a good picture. You were just wrong, wrong, wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back