Impossible Situations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Impossible Situation??? How bout this one?

Attachments

• b17sinnariz4ym_613.jpg
    b17sinnariz4ym_613.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 423
So what's the story behind that one? Collision?

lesofprimus said:
Impossible Situation??? How bout this one?

Let me guess, it didnt make it home...? ;)

Or did the surviving crew nurse it home by pulling the control chords ? :lol:

Anyway jokes asside; Bless those men for sacrificing their freedom to secure ours.

Poor choice of words, I guess...The guys that WERE in the nose. You never know though. I saw a pic of the tail gunner positions blown up by an 88. He was going to the front for something and was not in the position when it disappeared. One lucky guy.

That same photo is found on the John Lennon album "Shaved Fish." (I'd thought I throw in a bit of trivia there). It hanging off a Christmas tree like an ornament. :rolleyes:

ppfttttt, that's not heavy damage, THIS is heavy damage, look and the holes from machine gun bullets in this beast..........

Attachments

• this_no_426_squadron_lancaster_was_hit_by_over_one_hundred_machine-gun_bullets_or_shell_fragments_du
    this_no_426_squadron_lancaster_was_hit_by_over_one_hundred_machine-gun_bullets_or_shell_fragments_du
    32.3 KB · Views: 336
obviously the gunner ws killed ? maybe 2cm rounds through the fuselage.

if this had been say the fall of 1944 the holes would of been possibly 5 times the size with Minen I (phosphor) rounds which was becoming the typical norm for the Bf 110G-4 and Ju 88G's

What! You must be looking at your computer screenthrough a telescope! :lol: Look at the photo, I moved the damage next to the guy in the picture so you could get a better idea how big those holes really are!

Now if you want to see big holes.......

Attachments

• radroom3_640.jpg
    radroom3_640.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 322
  • this_no_426_squadron_lancaster_was_hit_by_over_one_hundred_machine-gun_bullets_or_shell_fragments_du
    this_no_426_squadron_lancaster_was_hit_by_over_one_hundred_machine-gun_bullets_or_shell_fragments_du
    29.7 KB · Views: 317

Users who are viewing this thread

Back