In search of mysterious F4U document

Discussion in 'Flight Test Data' started by jugggo, Jul 2, 2015.

1. jugggo

jugggo Member

On most of the F4U-1 documents that show any sort of power ratings ie. Engine power always refer to a "see paragraph 503a" also a paragraph 551b for propeller specs. The document is SD-261-1D-1B Report No. 6756 for one of the examples. Where would I be able to get this mysterious documents?? Most of the F4U reports go up to paragraph 117.

Huge thanks in advance

2. MiTasol

MiTasol Active Member

Hi Jugggo
    I think what you want is the unabridged version of the same document you have.
    I have found some people either only upload the part that they are interested in or only have part of a document that came from a #$%^ who threw away any part of a document that did not interest them.
    You find this with the odd manual posted on this site as well and I find it as frustrating as all hell
    Using Yahoo advanced search I found that F4U Performance Trials claims to have the complete report.
    Happy hunting

3. jugggo

jugggo Member

#3 jugggo, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks!! The website is where I got the reports from. Within the the reports that they have is where the reference of paragraph 503a came from. I have contacted all sorts of places like Vought Heritage Foundation and found out that they (Vought) moved their archives to Texas at University of Texas at Dallas.