Interesting F 35 new helmet, pretty amazing.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Would like to know, what it would take to really give them x-ray vision in the helmets, I mean.....those machines aren't cheap, not small and most probably need a lot of juice to work as well....

X Rays have a very short range and seeing through objects and people requires the source on one side and a film/sensor on the other.

X Rays have a very short range and seeing through objects and people requires the source on one side and a film/sensor on the other.

Come to think about it...
For these helmets to work, don't you need a; strong enough power, b; a (as you say) a film/sensor on the other, otherwise.....wouldn't be useless otherwise?
If you're gonna use it to see through your fighter, doesn't it mean that you'll need the film/sensor on the outside of the fuselage, for it to work?
If so, how does this (or these) film/sensors affect the stealth etc., etc..?
Somehow, I think that someone has read too many of those Sci Fi comics.... ;) :lol:

Come to think about it...
For these helmets to work, don't you need a; strong enough power, b; a (as you say) a film/sensor on the other, otherwise.....wouldn't be useless otherwise?
If you're gonna use it to see through your fighter, doesn't it mean that you'll need the film/sensor on the outside of the fuselage, for it to work?
If so, how does this (or these) film/sensors affect the stealth etc., etc..?
Somehow, I think that someone has read too many of those Sci Fi comics.... ;) :lol:

The "effect" of seeing through the airplane is similar to a reversing camera on a car. You dont look through the car but the effect is that you do. The cameras/IR sensors are mounted in the pilots blind spots and projected on his visor as he looks in that direction. (thats how I read it anyways)

We knew that the first day you joined the forum! :evil4:

D*mn....is it that obvious?! :lol:
The "effect" of seeing through the airplane is similar to a reversing camera on a car. You dont look through the car but the effect is that you do. The cameras/IR sensors are mounted in the pilots blind spots and projected on his visor as he looks in that direction. (thats how I read it anyways)

Like this with the six cameras in the fuselage....so where does this helmet with x-ray vision come from then....? ;) :lol:

Last edited:
D*mn....is it that obvious?! :lol:

Like this with the six cameras in the fuselage....so where does this helmet with x-ray vision come from then....? ;) :lol:
People say "X Ray vision" for many things. You can see through an objects surface with X and Gamma Rays so anything that apparently "sees through" something is called "X RAY Vision" It means if the pilot looks at his headrest with the helmet on he can see whats on his tail from the sensor information. Mainly its lazy journalism or using laymans terms to get an idea across. Even Medical X Rays which only have to get through a few inches of tissue are dangerous for the technicians, who leave the room and wear lead aprons.

If you ever found a set up capable of X Raying an F35 you certainly wouldnt sit a pilot in it at the time, he would receive a harmful dose of the magic moonbeams.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back