Intertaining videos of the most talented soccer player for all of you soccer fans

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Soren

1st Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2005
The best footballer in the world, unique and either you love him or you hate him, nonetheless the best footballer I have ever seen. He has a sort of arrogant appearence to some, and in the beginning I didn't like that, but after seeing various interviews with him he has gained a great amount respect from me, he seems very down to earth and humorous. The best entertainer on the field imo.

Performance on the field:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FDYZdPfDN0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWPO1FcorNw

Interview:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plMhNClVYZA

I think he is very over rated. Does he have talent? Hell yes he does? Is he one of the most talented players ever? Hell yes he is, but he is very over rated.

He takes too many dives and he is very very injury prone.

Actually I only think it seems like he's more injury prone than normal due to the fact that he is very often being singled out as a serious threat from the beginning of any match. Thus other players don't wanna take any chances around him and often play a very rough game against him.

But that having been said he's no bulldog such as players like Rooney or Gattuso, and he does have a habbit of overreacting or even faking tackles (What footballer doesn't hehe ;) ), but he's no fragile statue, he can very much fight for the ball as seen in many matches.

Overall however he is one of the most impressive footballers I've ever seen, he's got the fastest foot/leg work I've ever seen in football.

He is a great player. He has the ability (as was originally said about George Best) to leave defenders"with twisted blood". Sadly,even in those clips, he was showing his propensity for going down too easily, looking for a cheap free kick. That is more a problem with referees than players. If officials keep blowing the players will keep going down.Sometimes you wonder if FIFA want to create a non-contact sport!
Steve

Cristiano in his last match for Real Madrid this year, saturday Dec 19th:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmHnmsnmQ7A

I think it's clear he is the best player in the world right now. Even after having been on the bench with an injury for 2 months he took just a few weeks to get back in full form and he's now leaving defenders in the dust with ease in every game he plays. His skills are mindboggling.

Come on he shaves his hole body,and he is very over rated!!
The best at the moment is Lionel Mesi plays for Barcalona
The best ever is Johan Cruijff

Piet.

Attachments

• johan.jpg
    johan.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 566
Nah, Lionel Messi aint as good as Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to overall skill. Also I've never seen anybody leave defenders as confused as ronaldo does, not even Messi comes close here.

Cristiano Ronaldo's most strong points:
1. Mindblowingly fast tricky footwork/dribbling plus unrivalled ballcontrol
2. Great agility balance (If he doesn't choose to dive ofcourse ;) )
3. Unrivalled straight line running speed acceleration
4. Great passing technique, both short and long
5. Amazing kicking technique

Lionel Messi's most strong points:
1. Extremely fast footwork, zig zagging past opponents. (We never see many tricks though, just zig zagging)
2. Very fast straightline running speed acceleration
3. Great short distance passing technique

Ronaldo has got all that Messi has plus two extra very valuable things, his kicking technique and balance.

Lionel Messi wins Fifa World Player of the Year award 20098)

piet

Attachments

• mes.jpg
    mes.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 447
If Ronaldo hadn't been off for 2 months then he would've taken that trophy.

If Ronaldo hadn't been off for 2 months then he would've taken that trophy.

I don't think he would have. He is a great player, with great skills but he is becoming well known for his dives and I think that clouds him. There are players much more notorious than him for this though. I do love watching him play with Portugal whenever they play Germany. He gets so frustrated in those games because the Defense is good enough to contain him. He really starts diving then...

I'm sure he would've taken that trophy if it hadn't been because of his 2 month injury period. And even then he scored more goals than Messi this season, and that was while being with a new team which hasn't even learned to properly play together yet and which besides for Kaka (who is also new) doesn't have as many good players as Barcalona has. Messi is blessed with playing on a team with an experienced and well welded together squad with a lot of stars.

Also after joining RM Ronaldo has ceased diving as easily as in the past, now he's 80% of the time just being tackled hard because he frustrates his opponents with his lightning footwork.

Originally Posted by Soren
Also after joining RM Ronaldo has ceased diving as easily as in the past, now he's 80% of the time just being tackled hard because he frustrates his opponents with his lightning footwork.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mad about the boy
I know it's stupid to be mad about the boy
I'm so ashamed of it but must admit the sleepless nights I've had
About the boy

On the tvscreen
He melts my foolish heart in every single scene
Although I'm quite aware that here and there are traces of the cad
About the boy

Lord knows I'm not a fool boy
I really shouldn't care
Lord knows I'm not a school boy
In the fury of his first affair

Will it ever cloy
This odd diversity of misery and joy
I'm feeling quite insane and young again
And all because I'm mad about the boy

So if I could employ
A little magic that will finally destroy
This dream that pains me and enchains me
But I can't because I'm mad...
I'm mad about the boy
:p

Last edited:
If that is the way you see it...:lol:

Do you watch his games? Doesn't seem like it, cause if you actually count all the times he hits the ground and note the cause, then you'll find he has improved dramatically. That it's legitimate 80% of the time is not stretching it.

He is also btw by far not the only soccer star who dives.

Piet,

You really should listen to your homeland hero Johan Cruyff cause he had this to say:

"For me, Ronaldo is above the rest and if he keeps scoring in this rhythm and stays in this sort of form then he will prove that he is the best.

"Ronaldo is better than George Best and Denis Law, who were two brilliant and great players in the history of United.

"But Ronaldo is 22 and with his quality and progression in the game, I believe he will be even better and win many more prizes for himself and his club.

"For him to be so good takes dedication".

Do you watch his games? Doesn't seem like it, cause if you actually count all the times he hits the ground and note the cause, then you'll find he has improved dramatically. That it's legitimate 80% of the time is not stretching it.

I watch a lot of Football my friend, both in the stadium and in on the TV. By the way (off topic a bit) but I have tickets to go and see Germany vs. Argentina in March. Should be a good friendly match.

Soren said:
He is also btw by far not the only soccer star who dives.

I believe I said the same thing above, and even said that there are worse players. Like I said he is a great player, but he takes a lot of cheap dives in very important matches. I think players of his caliber should stay away from that.

Fair enough Adler, but I don't see your reason for not believing he would've taken the FIFA WP trophy hadn't it been for his 2 month off pitch period.

I hope you get to see a great match in March Adler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back