Invader pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Hi Geedee,

>Feel free to add any other shots you may have !

Here is an old (pre-digital) picture I shot at the Finow airbase - nothing spectacular, but I've come to like it rather well.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Attachments

• Invader-1.jpg
    Invader-1.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 125
Nice shots, guys. Here is one that is based in Van Nuys and was seen in the movie One Six Right. A shot from both sides.

Attachments

• DSC_2123.jpg
    DSC_2123.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_1905.jpg
    DSC_1905.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 113
It's a tough call, but I'd have to say that the A-26 is my favorite of the twin-engine aircraft of WWII. Every time the movie Always makes it to the movie channels, I'll watch it just to see the A-26s fly. Too bad Dreyfus "crashed" his. I've really enjoyed viewing the images y'all have posted. I went through my scans and picked out a few to share.

I photographed Whistler's Mother at Minter Field in 1985:

a26a1.jpg

a26a2.jpg

I also got some shots of Ginny Sue, the first one was shot in 1986 at Minter Field, and the last three were taken in 1989 at Chino (I'm assuming it's the same plane -- sure looks like it):

a26a5.jpg

a26b.jpg

a26c.jpg

a26d.jpg

Best,

Michael

Neat stuff, Michael. It looks like your archive has some real classics.

Thanks, Eric. A few days ago, I finally finished scanning in all my aircraft slides -- the vast majority of which were taken at air shows during the 80s. Almost 650 images. But I've been cherry-picking the best for you guys. ;)

Hallo, does any of you have picture or photo of A-26B KIWI BOID, please? I´m trying to built up a model of this, but don´t have enogh documentary for tail section (turrets, antenas) of this bird. Can anyone help me? Thank you. [email protected]

Great shots guys! bloody nice of ya to share:thumbleft:

I'm not normally a fan of polished warbirds but those 2 shots you posted Eric I really like 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back