Is This Real? Jack the Ripper ID'd

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It wasn't you then ;)

Steve

Nope, not guilty yer honour. This was 1984 and the arrest was like being in an episode of The Sweeney, but not in a good way...
I shouldn't joke really, they were two very nasty rape\murders. I happened to be standing at the lane which led to the first murder site while matching the ( incorrect ) description of the current suspect, in a town I was only visiting because I was trying to hitch hike to a girlfriends place while my bike was off the road.
The next thing I know a Ford Granada screeches to a halt full of CID guys and their boss says " I bet you thought you were going to get a lift didn't you ? you are nicked sonny " It was 9am in the morning and they all stank of booze... :)
They were really OK with me after they figured out I was legit though, I got breakfast ( but not with a shot of whiskey in my tea, like they had :D ) and they even gave me a lift part of the way to where I was going.

Eventually the murderer was caught after every male in the village where the crimes happened was asked to give a DNA sample. He got a work friend to take the test for him and the friend finally told the cops after realising how stupid he had been.

Seems like a hoax. In Dutch media it is said that the scientist has made a mistake and thus the results are not reliable. The words in the media is "he put a decimal point at the wrong spot". I don't know where he uses these points, I've been in genetic research for 15 years, but I do believe this was all a publicity stunt. And the mistery lives on...

On a JTR tour in London a couple years back, a cop car pulled up by our group, the window wound down and this voice said "Were still looking for him", then drove off. Wry English humour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back