Israel vs Hamas Conflict 2023

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of character is the principle cause of crime.

Bullshit…

You are not even scratching the surface.

IMG_0068.jpeg

Guys, as much as its easy to say "kill all terrorists," the only way to defeat a terrorist organisation is to undermine its credibility and legitimacy. In other words, the root cause of terrorism needs to be defeated. Why do people join ranks with terrorists? Why do they choose to fight against a government? What conditions does that person live under that pushes them towards extremism? Usually, it's a lack of education, lack of employment, injustice dished out by a corrupt government or the big reason people choose to fight - oppression. In other words, a government needs to provide conditions to its people that are more appealing than what a terrorist organisation can provide. The more you indiscriminately bomb and kill a population, the more people you are going to funnel into the ranks of terrorism. Terrorists can be defeated on the battlefield, but as long as the political and environmental conditions remain the same, so will terrorists exist.
Sounds touchy-feely I know, but unfortunately, the root causes of terrorism are extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to overcome. Executions and killing civilians in the crossfire only advance the cause of the terrorists - it's what keeps them motivated to continue the fight.

Flying a para glider over a closed border fence separating you from those who say "Death to Israel" is enough provocation to shoot him down.

Shoot first and ask later, sure.

BTW, we haven't heard much from the Sandinistas lately... :rolleyes:

For those hard of history, I'm pointing out that brutal treatment doesn't extinguish a revolt.

Comparing impoverished people who are radicalized to post WW2 trials and executions is a poor example. For one totally different culture. Secondly, the executions that came out of Nürnberg were not done prior to a court of law.

I see a lot of people giving advice on how to "kill em all, and let god sort them out," but they say it from the comfort of their home. They should pick up a rifle and go take care of it then.

Show me an example where summary exoc
But they're in the same genocidal bucket. The crackpots in Iran just picked up with them where the crackpots in Germany left off with them. And just for clarity, I agree they should get fair trials. On conviction, though, death. The Germans gave into the Nazis but we didn't kill them all for it. The Palestinian-Arabs aren't bad people any more than those Germans were. So we agree on fair trials, differ on sentencing. I say give the ones with the hand in it the works. No equivocating. Take part in it, dead. Their body, their choice. I'm an advocate for free choice.

Last edited:
Guys, as much as its easy to say "kill all terrorists," the only way to defeat a terrorist organisation is to undermine its credibility and legitimacy. In other words, the root cause of terrorism needs to be defeated. Why do people join ranks with terrorists? Why do they choose to fight against a government? What conditions does that person live under that pushes them towards extremism? Usually, it's a lack of education, lack of employment, injustice dished out by a corrupt government or the big reason people choose to fight - oppression. In other words, a government needs to provide conditions to its people that are more appealing than what a terrorist organisation can provide. The more you indiscriminately bomb and kill a population, the more people you are going to funnel into the ranks of terrorism. Terrorists can be defeated on the battlefield, but as long as the political and environmental conditions remain the same, so will terrorists exist.
Sounds touchy-feely I know, but unfortunately, the root causes of terrorism are extremely difficult, sometimes impossible, to overcome. Executions and killing civilians in the crossfire only advance the cause of the terrorists - it's what keeps them motivated to continue the fight.

Simple minds don't care for complex resolutions, unfortunately.

I think I'm done with this thread.

I will close with saying, considering that the true path to peace with a rational Palestinian authority would require Israel to abandon the Occupied Territories and its hundreds of settlements and return the land to its original inhabitants…. an electorally impossible path for any Israeli government; it makes more sense to promote the Arab as monster, terrorist ideal, never to be negotiated with, only killed. That's my last word on the subject.

See you guys on the other pages.

Last edited:
No one has advocated killing innocent civilians. only terrorists. I think it is germane to the subject (no pun intended) to ask why there was no terrorist response from Germany or Japan after the end of the War? In Germany there was the Spinne Organization but it was ineffective and quickly faded away. The general population had simply had enough and they were smart enough to see where their future lay. For this cooperation, they were provided with massive aid to rebuild their country and their culture. The general population in the Middle East has no history of letting others alone and they carry ethnic grudges for a thousand years. I doubt if there is any hope for a lasting peace in the Middle East in our lifetime.

Ding, Ding, Ding. Someone who gets it!

But they're in the same genocidal bucket. The crackpots in Iran just picked up with them where the crackpots in Germany left off with them. And just for clarity, I agree they should get fair trials. On conviction, though, death. The Germans gave into the Nazis but we didn't kill them all for it. The Palestinian-Arabs aren't bad people any more than those Germans were. So we agree on fair trials, differ on sentencing. I say give the ones with the hand in it the works. No equivocating. Take part in it, dead. Their body, their choice. I'm an advocate for free choice.

Again, we are not talking about carrying a death sentence after being found guilty. That is not up for debate. You kill 100 innocent people, you should get a fair punishment.

We are talking about simple summary executions, which is not the same, and will do nothing but add fuel to the fire.

I will close with saying, considering that the true path to peace with a rational Palestinian authority would require Israel to abandon the Occupied Territories and its hundreds of settlements and return the land to its original inhabitants…. an electorally impossible path for any Israeli government; it makes more sense to promote the Arab as monster, terrorist ideal, never to be negotiated with, only killed. That's my last word on the subject.

Right, and well-put.

The Palestinian position is clear and unwavering. Until the Jews abandon all occupied territories, there will be no peace. In other words, the complete dissolution of the State of Israel.
As long as they are backed by Iran and numerous other Arab and Muslim states, as well as naive westerners, there is no reason to negotiate. Their propaganda arm has done a wonderful job of painting themselves as victims, in spite of rejecting every peace plan offered over the past 75 years.

I don't want to drag the Ukraine conflict into this discussion, but…

This all smells like a deliberate and planned diversion by Putin to redirect US/NATO supplies and weapons to Israel and away from Ukraine.

View attachment 740954

So just to come back to this…

I could see Vladolph Putler scheming up a plan with some Middle East Terrorist Group to conduct a large scale Attack on a US target to bog us down in another long drawn out war in order to redirect our efforts away from Ukraine and wherever else he has his eyes set.

So just to come back to this…

I could see Vladolph Putler scheming up a plan with some Middle East Terrorist Group to conduct a large scale Attack on a US target to bog us down in another long drawn out war in order to redirect our efforts away from Ukraine and wherever else he has his eyes set.
Geopolitical whack-a-mole.
Though this appears on its surface to be Iran disrupting Arab-Israeli rapprochement.

Perhaps ... but that the conflict relieves pressure on PUTIN is an unplanned for benefit. The operation has been 2 years in the planning.
Two years ...
Discount my source here if you choose but discount the mind of vengeful Islam at your peril.

Last edited:
Again, we are not talking about carrying a death sentence after being found guilty. That is not up for debate. You kill 100 innocent people, you should get a fair punishment.

We are talking about simple summary executions, which is not the same, and will do nothing but add fuel to the fire.
Terrorists are not protected by the Geneva Convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back