ITALERI spitfire Mk IX (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
here's a look at italeri's 1/48 scale spit Mk IX.

it looks a very good kit, nicely detailed and well moulded.

three canopie's are included though only two can be used, two types of wheels and two size of blisters for the upper wing surface.

the instruction are well laid out and simple to follow.
you get decals for six different aircraft not bad for £11 !

19 SQN FR IX, france sept 1944 pru pink
R.A.F high altitude flight, northolt, sept 1944 all over flat blue
32 SQN HF Mk IXc foggia italy 1944
LF Mk IX RCAF C/O tangmere wing 1944
Mk IX Armee de l'Air G.C "Cicogne" indochina 1946
Mk IX Aeronautica Militare italiana 51 Storno Treviso 1947

i'm building the 19 SQN FR IX pru "barbie" pink (thanks Terry) :lol: version at the same time as my 11 yo daughter who will be building the same version from her kit.

this might be a slow build but i'll keep you all posted as work commences and if april's ends up better than mine she's grounded for a month :lol:

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 134
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 130
Looking much better than the Italeri MkIX in 1/72 scale.Nice Karl.:D

Nice review, thanks Karl. Looks like I'll be adding a couple of those to my stash soon - when the man from the bank says 'YES'!
One question, are the canopies in 3 parts, to allow an open canopy? No problem if not, I can get around that.

Terry, yes you get two different canopies both in three parts, you also get a tear drop canopy that isn't used in any of the kits six decal versions !

Attachments

• 2651s_sprue_transp.jpg
    2651s_sprue_transp.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 122
Thanks for the info Karl. Looks like they may have/going to have, a MkXVI and a MkV or similar, judging by the other canopies, presumably on a common sprue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back