Italian Bombers

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is the Caproni Campini CC-2, the second prototype, exposed at the Vigna di Valle museum. Not difficult to find. :D

CC2-MM4850.jpg

DogW

what flight sim are u flying that caproni in?
i think ive seen a CFS version and a site where u can DL a C-C

oh and Mr. Adler, yes i know a thermojet is, a piston engine and a jet engine combined in some fashion, like thats what i knew before the diagram

Feel sorry for the guy who probably fell off the ladder in this pic ;)

Attachments

• rs14_2_119.jpeg
    rs14_2_119.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 456
Yep - a crane of that size on the coast seems like random overkill ;)

Oh I realise now...to hoist the planes from water to land...Ignore me :oops:

I think nothing too big, only the usual manteinance work to do on the engines, after taken the aircrafts out of the water. But it's difficult to say.
The the plane in the background is hung to the crane, so it is probably taxying in or out of the water, or is necessary to change the floats.

DogW

It's a Fiat RS-14, it first flew in 1938, and was developed as a replacement for Z-501 in the recognition, transport and antisom duties, 152 built.
Note the ventral pod, that could be removed and replaced for different missions.

Rs14.jpg

FiatRS14(idro).jpg

servicepic.jpg

an interesting variant could have been the Fiat AS 14, attack airplane equipped with a 45mm cannon, seven 12.7mm guns and two 7.7mm guns, but only the prototype flew.

4157L.jpg

DogW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back