It's Wonderful

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

They didn't tie the knot in their neckerchiefs, they cheated! I always had at least two of those things, tied, hanging in my locker, ready for inspection.

Not bad music, either. My lips hurt from the mousy little trumpet soloist's last note...

I do not know guys maybe I am the last of a dying breed or something I love that and grew up on that music.My father was a radio operator on a B17 and if I am not mistaken there is another member here who grew up in a large family who's father served in WWII.Another song from back in the day late 50's/60's is Old Louie's "it's a wonderful World" and everything stops and I just close my eyes and listen.It was different growing up listening to Mom's music she liked from the 40's up to mine basically ending in the late 80's early 90's.To many of you dawg gone young whipper snappers in here I say :)

Fantastic ! Such vigour and sound, and from such a small - and young - ensemble !
It reminded me very much of the 'Hangar Dances' at my aero club, 20 years ago, and it was great to see the audience, equally as young, obviously 'new' to this type of music, warming to the whole experience.
And to see the faces of these young musicians, when taking the applause, was truly heart warming.
Thanks for posting this, and let's hope that the 'Big Band' sound will return !
(PS - I'm going to watch it again,before I go for kip - it's 02.20 hrs in the UK) !

OK - watched it again, and even better second time around - even with tears of joy in my eyes at the delight, and enjoyment of the young performers enjoying what they were doing!
Oh, bring back the big band sound!

That was great! My dad was born in 1940, but his sisters are considerably older than he is and his brother in laws fought in the war. I remember hearing a lot of this kind of music growing up from my grandparents and loved it. Along that same vein, the girls also did one of my all time favorites; Glenn Miller's "In the Mood"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7N6slVrQeY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back