Iwata Airbrushes (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey,

We're looking at buying a new airbrush, as we're not really getting great results with the Paasche, in fact they're getting worse as time goes on. I think it's a combination of not knowing what we were doing in the early days and wear and tear over time and perhaps the airbrush itself. Does anyone here use and like Iwata airbrushes? They seem to get generally very good to excellent reviews on various sites on the web.

Thanks guys.

I have one and love it. Keeping them clean is a must though. I have the Eclipse HP-SC with a studio series Iwata compressor. It's a tankless compressor so once you turn it on you must keep the trigger pressed down to let the air flow or you might burn up the compressor or pop the air line. It is adjustable from like 5 lbs. to 18 lbs. and does great job.I also have an inline moisture seperater.

I recently purchased a Badger 155, I looked at the Iwatas, but heard that there hoses are pretty bad, people usually buy the badger hose and adapt it to the Iwatas just a fyi :)

I think that for my purposes and for the price (and reviews etc) the 155 was a excellent pick up and its amazing the diffrence between the 150 and 155 in how nice the coat comes out on the model. :)

Airbrushes Iwata are superb best market I would love to buy me the custom micron CM-C plus an airbrush brutal, I have none, but if classes airbrush painting I've done if I tried it and are great, others very good are the H S I have the evolution 2 in 1 more parts to work from 0.5 to 0'17mm,

I've got a couple of Iwatas (one from the Eclipse range and one now very old Revolution). They both work as well as the day I bought them. All I've done over the years is replace the odd needle and even more rarely a nozzle. I've never replaced a seal or O ring in either,despite spraying some hot stuff like Alclad and cleaning with cellulose (laquer) thinners. I'm an old school enamel paint user which generally entails cleaning and thinning with more agressive solvents.
I've also got the same H+S brush as "destrozas" above. I've no complaints but rarely use it.
Steve

I have an Iwata HP-C and an old Paasche VL. Both work very well but I've tended to use the Iwata for most jobs now. To be honest, when I first got it, I did not see much of a difference in performance between the two but then I'm still going up the learning curve including experimenting with paints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back