IWM Duxford Airshow 2013 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

many thanks guys

Hurricane

059s.jpg

099s.jpg

104s.jpg

110s.jpg

153s.jpg

476s.jpg

Good shots there Karl. When we next get together, we'll check out your camera, as some of the same shots I took on the same type of camera have a different colour balance, tone and contrast. I know you mentioned at the time that you were having some strange effects.
I got my computer back today, with a 320 Gb hard drive and a load of other up-dates, plus an 80Gb external drive, so I can now load the 1,698 (7 Gb !!) pics from the Nikon, and edit these and the 196 pics from the Fuji. I hope to get some posted later tonight.

Good idea mate. At the show, some of the shots on the camera monitor screen looked strange, especially those almost B&W shots you showed me. It did well with those shots of the Tucano though, even if they are cropped from the center. On some of those darker shots, you can use the Gamma setting in Irfanview to bring them out, and alter contrast and saturation if needed.

the Tucano shots are cropped but yes the little Fuji does ok

an example of what i'm talking about the below pics were taken seconds apart from exactly the same spot without adjusting the camera settings ?

505a.jpg

506a.jpg

Looks like a metering delay for whatever reason. Put it back to factory settings, and try using either 'Auto' or 'N', it should sort it. Maybe use the first 'Sports' setting for action shots.
I was shooting on 'N' (Normal or natural lighting), on single shot right through, although most of the shots on the Fuji were static or ground shots. I did get a few airborne shots too, mainly of the 'Reds' I think, and they seem to be fine.

Keep them coming Karl. I see what you mean with that Spitfire shot. Very strange but it will make a great shot if the colours can be corrected.

I think there's definitely something strange happening with your camera Karl. Here's one of the Fennec's taken with my Fuji.
I'm still in the process of re-sizing my pics, but hope to post some later.

Attachments

• Duxford show Sep 13 Fuji 093.jpg
    Duxford show Sep 13 Fuji 093.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back