Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I fear that Japan's wanting to stay out of any conflict between China and the USA may be futile. I doubt that China would be content to leave Japan unmolested. I think China believes that Japan poses a threat to China's desire to control all of Asia.

Koga points out that Japan may trigger the war between the US and China like Japan did the ww2 by rushing toward one direction.

From a Japanese viewpoint, the ongoing situation looks Mr. Biden's fatal strategic failure as he had declared the strong hostility against China soon after his troops retreated from Afganistan. He is already fighting not only in Ukraine but in the Far-east. To the worse, Japan takes it a good chance to expand its military power.

Love me

With all due respect, Shinpachi - the U.S. has toed the line with China over Taiwan since the 1950's. This is nothing new.

Eisenhower told Chairman Mao that nuclear weapons would be an option if China did not back down during the Taiwan Straight Crisis in the late 1950's.

Taiwan is the last vestige of the original Democratic government of China and the Communists hate that it exists. They have loathed it's existence since they gained control of China in the late 1940's.

I know the historical events well including what Nixon promised to Mao.
I have pointed out Mr. Biden's carelessness unlike a well experienced old politician

Japan vs Taiwan.

"Table tennis star Ai Fukuhara accused by ex-husband of abducting their son"

Like my ex-wife, Japanese women tend to think kids belong to mother.
She now understands her son belongs to his wife

Barbie official site mocks Hiroshima with atomic bomb fan art and catchphrase "It's going to be a summer to remember". Controversy arise between Japanese Twitter users.

This one? I don't know recent movies well.

View: https://twitter.com/meichoi31/status/1685713903324639232

Last edited:
Being a member of this forum for a long time with gratitude, I simply understand -

1. Recent Americans have become defiant about Hiroshima and Nagasaki simply because it is too late to do anything good between the two countries.

2. Hollywood minds the box office sales only, not politics.

Defiant? Provocative?
About Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? How do you see that?
Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread