Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Defiant? Provocative?
About Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? How do you see that?
Please explain.
As I said before, I see the event was a "human experiment" clearly along with the activities of ABCC - Atomic Bomb Casualty Commission which was provided prior to the attack. They were not only aggressive to collect specimen as many as possible by all means but did not allow the victims to go out the city to observe them as they were for a few months, even refusing the International Red-cross' offer to treat them. Dead or alive, they were put under the unsanitary environment during the period.

Those who might say "We do not forget but forgive or do not forgive" must learn the facts first well, not to forget.

Last edited:
Barbie official site mocks Hiroshima with atomic bomb fan art and catchphrase "It's going to be a summer to remember". Controversy arise between Japanese Twitter users.

This one? I don't know recent movies well.
View attachment 731875

View: https://twitter.com/meichoi31/status/1685713903324639232

I think those pink mushroom clouds could be more likely interpreted as the Pepto-Bismol factory blowing up. :D

Being a member of this forum for a long time with gratitude, I simply understand -

1. Recent Americans have become defiant about Hiroshima and Nagasaki simply because it is too late to do anything good between the two countries.

2. Hollywood minds the box office sales only, not politics.

:)

I would say some, especially the young, are blasé or unconcerned as they are only interested in crap like their favorite tiktok stars and the Kardash-kitchings*

1690842569605.png

Definitely agree on point 2.

*kitching = the sound of a cash register

I would say some, especially the young, are blasé or unconcerned as they are only interested in crap like their favorite tiktok stars and the Kardash-kitchings*

View attachment 731929

Definitely agree on point 2.

*kitching = the sound of a cash register
Then, they would not understand why Japanese Twitter users are furious.
This is a historical stream :)

Ryuta Otani(35), Shohei Otani's brother.

View attachment 732081
If I remember correctly, didn't Babe Ruth visit Japan in the 1930s? ...and Moe Berg?

Ryuta Otani(35), Shohei Otani's brother.

View attachment 732081
There is talk about Shohei going to the L.A. Dodgers - this is unacceptable. Shohei needs to stay with the California Angels and they need to sign Ryuta up as well.

There is talk about Shohei going to the L.A. Dodgers - this is unacceptable. Shohei needs to stay with the California Angels and they need to sign Ryuta up as well.
If he had been interested in the income, he would not have joined Angels IMO.
He is exceptional even in his family.

His parents
Parents-1024x786.jpg

This is an unrelated photo taken in Tokyo in December 1947. The women are our friends, Mama-san Makita and Heliko. I post this to show what downtown Tokyo looked like then. Much of the city was still devastated.

View attachment 732199
Thanks for sharing, Neil :)

As you may know well, Tokyo was destroyed by one of the biggest earthquakes in the history in 1923 and it took ten years to recover.
Tokyo citizens could have understood that another 10 years had come again.

As my home town Sendai was slow to recover, I remember such a scenery well in the 1950s.

Tokyo in 1923
Tokyo_earthquake_1923.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Neil :)

As you may know well, Tokyo was destroyed by one of the biggest earthquakes in the history in 1923 and it took ten years to recover.
Tokyo citizens could have understood that another 10 years had come again.

As my home town Sendai was slow to recover, I remember such a scenery well in the 1950s.

Tokyo in 1923
View attachment 732207
I think the cherry trees in Washington, DC were a gift from the Japanese government in return for US aid after the 1923 earthquake.

Interesting, ARTESH :)
I also have come across this article -

"A Japanese woman who inherited the blood of Sassanid Persia"

In Japan, there is a woman who inherits the royal blood of the Sassanid Persia. Her name is Yuko Nishizawa.
Nishizawa, who is around 80 years old, claims that she is of royal blood in Sassanid Persia, based on her family register.
She reportedly said she was a 53rd generation descendant of Sassanid Persia.
She is very interested in her own roots and she seems to want to explore it somehow.

She then went to the Iranian Embassy in Japan to see if there were any Persian experts in Japan who could help her find her roots.
Mr. Rajabzadeh, a Persian professor at Osaka University of Foreign Studies, told the media about Ms. Nishizawa.
"There is no sure way to prove Ms. Nishizawa's claim. However, historically speaking, there is a good chance that her claim is correct."
Nishizawa, who is also a writer, is the author of a book called "Descendants of Persia."
Ms. Nishizawa wrote this historically romantic book based on her own ancestors.

Originally, the relationship and connection between Japan and Persia is very old, and it is said that the connection goes back to Japan's Asuka period.
Approximately 1,400 years ago, in order to show the world the Islamic powers of Arabia, they invaded the Persian Empire, which was a world power at the time.
The king of Persia at that time was Yazgerd III of the Sassanid Dynasty. Due to the sudden attack of the Islamic forces, the Persian army was unable to resist and was defeated.
At that time, many Persians fled the country. Among them were the princes and royal families of Sassanid Persia. And some of them are said to have come to China and even Japan.

Evidence of this remains in Nara's Shosoin as the treasure of ancient Japan.
It is also interesting to note that some events in Japan and Iran are similar.
There are many similarities between the chrysanthemum symbol mark of the imperial family and the marks left on the wall paintings of Persepolis.
Given the cultural similarities and historical connections, it is not easy to say that Ms. Nishizawa's claims are delusional. Moreover, she is making this claim with her own family register as evidence.

Source: 「ササン朝ペルシアの血を受け継ぐ日本人女性」 - ペルシャ絨毯協同組合 Persian Carpet Association in Japan

Sumerian letters were also found on a stone in Kyusyu from Jomon Period of 13,000 to 2,300 B.C.

Last edited:
Interesting, ARTESH :)
I also have come across this article -

"A Japanese woman who inherited the blood of Sassanid Persia"

In Japan, there is a woman who inherits the royal blood of the Sassanid Persia. Her name is Yuko Nishizawa.
Nishizawa, who is around 80 years old, claims that she is of royal blood in Sassanid Persia, based on her family register.
She reportedly said she was a 53rd generation descendant of Sassanid Persia.
She is very interested in her own roots and she seems to want to explore it somehow.

She then went to the Iranian Embassy in Japan to see if there were any Persian experts in Japan who could help her find her roots.
Mr. Rajabzadeh, a Persian professor at Osaka University of Foreign Studies, told the media about Mr. Nishizawa.
"There is no sure way to prove Ms. Nishizawa's claim. However, historically speaking, there is a good chance that her claim is correct."
Nishizawa, who is also a writer, is the author of a book called "Descendants of Persia."
Ms. Nishizawa wrote this historically romantic book based on her own ancestors.

Originally, the relationship and connection between Japan and Persia is very old, and it is said that the connection goes back to Japan's Asuka period.
Approximately 1,400 years ago, in order to show the world the Islamic powers of Arabia, they invaded the Persian Empire, which was a world power at the time.
The king of Persia at that time was Yazgerd III of the Sassanid Dynasty. Due to the sudden attack of the Islamic forces, the Persian army was unable to resist and was defeated.
At that time, many Persians fled the country. Among them were the princes and royal families of Sassanid Persia. And some of them are said to have come to China and even Japan.

Evidence of this remains in Nara's Shosoin as the treasure of ancient Japan.
It is also interesting to note that some events in Japan and Iran are similar.
There are many similarities between the chrysanthemum symbol mark of the imperial family and the marks left on the wall paintings of Persepolis.
Given the cultural similarities and historical connections, it is not easy to say that Mr. Nishizawa's claims are delusional. Moreover, she is making this claim with her own family register as evidence.

Source: 「ササン朝ペルシアの血を受け継ぐ日本人女性」 - ペルシャ絨毯協同組合 Persian Carpet Association in Japan

Sumerian letters were also found on a stone in Kyusyu from Jomon Period of 13,000 to 2,300 B.C.
Interesting!

I'm aware of Parsai People in India, or Indian Zoroastrints, this something new!

Unfortunately, Iranian kings have never been interested in history or keeping records, unlike many other nations younger than my unborn child! Or a little bit older! The ones that are making "fake history" out of everything and anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back