Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

People see the minister runs amid trouble.
He used to be expected as the hopeful next PM but his fate is over.

Japan's digital minister on lengthy int'l trip amid review of 'My Number' trouble

And the Australia card (also known as the Hitler card and Kremlin Kard among many other names) the government tried to introduce here in the mid 80's . One number for everything including drivers licences etc and the bill contained clauses that imposed penalties on businesses that failed to require a person to produce their Australia Card, or authorised the freezing of bank account and social security payments for those who did not produce one

It came crashing down due to incompetence in the bills drafting.

When I visited the ward office to receive the card seven years ago, a staff asked me to decide two passwards, one was for the basic ID and the other for the internet access. I said that I did not think the second one was necessary for me because I would not access my private data through the internet as I didn't trust online security. I refused and came back home without the card. I have no My Number card so far.

A ramen noodle shop owner forces a customer his rules - examples

1. Don't chat
2. Don't take picture
3. Order soy source taste if you come here for the first time
4. Don't step in the shop from the right foot

Don't eat watching your smartphone seems to be a common knowledge among youngsters recently.
My home cooking ramen is far more delicious than theirs :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TjWMFoNuAwc

A ramen noodle shop owner forces a customer his rules - examples

1. Don't chat
2. Don't take picture
3. Order soy source taste if you come here for the first time
4. Don't step in the shop from the right foot

Don't eat watching your smartphone seems to be a common knowledge among youngsters recently.
My home cooking ramen is far more delicious than theirs :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TjWMFoNuAwc

1 & 2 are ok! 3 is so so ... 4 is wrong, imo!

4th is something like Totalitarian regimes do!

Interesting that Iran's regime has done similar ID cards, but a broken and formal version of it!!!

The chipsets were needed for them to work, were under sanction and the site that was supposed to operate and show all info about person, is not still functional! After around 12 years or so!!!

I've got my ID card, last month, after 7 and half years!!!

Not having that piece, caused tons of problems! All banks were banned for providing services for people without new cards! You couldn't renewal your passport and many other things...

Interesting that Iran's regime has done similar ID cards, but a broken and formal version of it!!!

The chipsets were needed for them to work, were under sanction and the site that was supposed to operate and show all info about person, is not still functional! After around 12 years or so!!!

I've got my ID card, last month, after 7 and half years!!!

Not having that piece, caused tons of problems! All banks were banned for providing services for people without new cards! You couldn't renewal your passport and many other things...
Old and new systems should go parallel until all old people pass away IMO.
A Japanese company SoftBank had cut its 2G cellphone service relay stations to the half in 2008 to sell more 3G phones but this caused many unconnection troubles in the country because it was a year and a half earlier than their promise for service.

A Japanese company SoftBank had cut its 2G cellphone service relay stations to the half in 2008 to sell more 3G phones but this caused many unconnection troubles in the country because it was a year and a half earlier than their promise for service.

Which proves you are smarter than politicians or public "servants".

For urgent things they should be phased in over a number of years and the date you must comply by directly linked to your birthday and birth year (as in born is last five years comply by your second next birthday, if previous five years a year later, etc). That spreads the introduction out through the whole year instead of most people leaving it until the last minute and everyone wanting to be processed on the same day.

A good example of the stupidity of politicians and public "servants" was the recent Australian census. They said you must do it on line on x day so that meant 20 odd million people trying to do it after dinner at around 7pm but the geniuses had only allowed enough bandwidth for a few million people to be logged on.

That thing on top of their shoulders is no use for anything but a hat rack.

Old people's experiences and young people's knowledge, will work perfectly together! Problems come when someone is insisting on something "illogical", like beliefs, and divides people into friendly and enemy. Any country had experienced this situation, at least once...

However, when the page turns, unthinkable things most likely will happen.

Census is taken place by mail and online in Japan. You can choose whichever you want.
Japanese government seems to use Artifex Software, Inc. for the online service.
I have heard no serious problem so far.

Recent My Number card trouble is caused by Fujitsu's system.
The government should adopt a reliable company's system first or test it in the countryside for a decade starting early if they want domestic product IMO.

Australian census was run by IBM to Aus Gov specs.

Because IBM is an American company the US Government now has every census web page filled in by Australians.

Here you were only allowed to use a paper form if you were in an area with poor connectivity and fortunately we live in such an area. The morons probably had the forms scanned and sent to IBM to process.

There used to be an able Japanese bureaucrat, namely Shigeaki Koga (1955- ), but he was so able that the morons hated him and had taken away his job in 2005 expecting he wouldl quit soon. He did not quit soon because of his pride and philosophy until 2011. He is now a keen journalist.

Koga(right) on TV in 2015
Shigeaki_Koga.jpg

Source: なぜ元経産官僚の古賀さんは「報ステ」降板に腹をたてたのか

Last edited:
Koga's analysis about the ongoing US-China confrontation is keen but may be too keen for us ordinary people to have a hope.

"Innocent PM Kishida taken in by the US directing the Taiwan emergency
risks Japan may trigger the US-China war"
By Shigeaki Koga

"Emergency in Taiwan is Emergency in Japan" has become commonplace.
There is a theory led by US military officials that Taiwanese emergency will occur by the end of 2027.
Here, we will not get into the discussion if this is correct.

In reality, among groups of advocates of military expansion like LDP, the argument that the military should be given top priority among all policy issues in order to prepare for an emergency in Taiwan is prevalent.

However, they have not made any preparations for how to evacuate the most important Japanese nationals living in Taiwan in such an event of Taiwanese emergency. Similarly, in Okinawa, there is neither proper evacuation plan for residents nor even shelters for them. When North Korea launched a missile on last May 31, J-Alert was issued but it turned out that PAC3 for missile interception was not deployed in the Sakishima Islands for fear of storms, which made it a funny story as we still remember well.
In fact, our government probably thinks that the possibility of Taiwanese emergency is almost nothing.

Then, why are they shouting "Taiwanese emergency" so loudly?
This is thought an excuse for them to secure their vested rights in not only purchasing a large amount of weapons from the US but providing financial supports to the domestic military industries. Besides, like our PMs in the past did, it is the best way for them to satisfy their desire for self-approval to be regarded as one of the global leaders by flattering the presidents of the United States. Former PM Shinzo Abe boasted of a two-shot selfie with President Trump. This was terrible but PM Fumio Kishida is also in the same way.

In any case, it is certain that, ignoring the most important thing - how the lives of the Japanese people will be taken away if the Taiwanese emergency develops into a war between the US and China, and Japan participates in it, the current LDP government is working hard only on fundraising simply to buy weapons.

This time, I want to explain that, without noticing well, Japan is complicit in forcing China which does not intend to launch an armed invasion against Taiwan into a situation that China has no choice but to do. In order to explain, I have to start by talking about ChatGPT Fever. A premonition of a revolutionary change due to generative AI that seems to have appeared suddenly..............................................................................

etc. etc.

Or -

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back