Japan and Japanese (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

?????

Careful... you are beginning to reveal who you really are!

As an example, look up "Angoville" in Normandy. Two American paratrooper medics set up an aid station in an old church and during lulls in the battle brought in wounded for treatment. The battle see-sawed back and forth, sometimes the church was surrounded by Americans, sometimes by Germans. At one point a German officer entered the church, looked around and saw that wounded German troops were being treated along side of Americans. The officer left and ordered the church to be spared.

Attachments

• 63 Angoville Church.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
As far as hospitals go, during WWII, there were several occasions where German combat Medics worked alongside American combat Medics to treat casualties of both sides.

This also occurred in North Africa with the British and Germans.
If this was true, killing each other in the battlefield looks like a sort of sport game in the western countries.
Thanks for sharing, Dave. Your story shows the nature of western culture.

If this was true, killing each other in the battlefield looks like a sort of sport game in the western countries.
Thanks for sharing, Dave. Your story shows the nature of western culture.
As a perpetual student of military history, Shinpachi, I am at a loss as to how there can be conventions as to what is legal and what is not legal in regards to killing combatants.

Can they not just make killing combatants illegal, period?

I understand that warfare is older than civilisation, but this is the 21st century - we should have moved past all this nonsense long ago...

If I am not wrong, you look like talking about Original Sin which Asians do not have as Buddhists.
Very very profound. Thanks!

Exam at least will be necessary.
Not politician but former JMSDF submarine commander Hideki Nakamura(1950-2018) wrote in his book "Japan's Military Power" that he did not know IJN's strategy, tactics and wisdom until he sidetracked to a war history room of defense library for ten years.

"Can they not just make killing combatants illegal, period?"

...and what if someone violates that "law", declare war?

A Japanese young couple who both had "good" education at universities and recently immigrated in the US for furhter study shout in YouTube like this -

1. We immigrated with USD 10K a few months ago.

2. We purchased two cars for USD 40K on the installment plan.

3. Room rent is USD 1K a month. Everything is expensive here.

3. Our income from part time job is USD 2K a month.

4. I (husband) was going to study at a local college but it is difficult now because of money shortage.

5. As the deposit USD 10K is no more in our hands, we are unwillingly obliged to rely on our old parents for the shortage.

6. What shall we do from now on ?

I gave advice to him but he, and probably his wife too, looks people who have strong pride.
Thanks for your kind advice, Dave. Their parents will settle everything well finally.

The time frame when one comes to the U.S. matters. The man who built the house I live in now, came to the U.S., legally, in 1962 from Cost Rica with his wife and $200. He has built 6 houses that I know of and has rental property. Owns land in three states. Produced three sons, one daughter who have college degrees. I have no doubt he is today a multi millionaire. It used to be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread