Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

44-yo Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Hideki Murai lifts a 40kgs(88lb) Sumo trophy by himself.
Usually a staff helps.

Hideki Murai gives Oonosato a championship trophy on May 26.
Oonosato_and_Hideki_Murai_May_26_2024.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHkuHp-H5OM&t=180s

I wonder if it is from the Zsolnay porcelain factory.
Diameter is 40cm and weight is 15kgs.
Made by Herend Japan:)

ハンガリー友好杯.jpg

"Town to block Mount Fuji view from troublesome tourists.

A huge black barrier to block Mount Fuji from view will be installed in a popular photo spot by Japanese authorities exasperated by crowds of badly behaved foreign tourists.

Construction of the mesh net -- 2.5 meters high and the length of a cricket pitch at 20 meters -- will begin as early as this week, an official from Fujikawaguchiko town in Yamanashi Prefecture said.

"It's regrettable we have to do this, because of some tourists who can't respect rules," leaving litter behind and ignoring traffic regulations, he told AFP.

It is the latest direct action in Japan against overtourism after residents of Kyoto's geisha district banned visitors from small private alleys this year......"

If this was Osaka or Tokyo, exclusive space for such tourists would be provided soon as the overtourism is a rare good business chance. I have suggested the town to have a large camera stage donated by LAWSON - one of the largest convenience store chains in Japan.

View attachment 776324
I have found out an interesting place near the Lawson shop for Mt. Fuji :)

河口湖駅前線ローソン.jpg
河口湖周辺.jpg
河口湖博物館.jpg
河口湖博物館site.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back