Japan and Japanese (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From different source...

31-13(900x720).jpg

Foreign diplomats often ignore local rules.
This kind of manner issue is not limited to Russian diplomats but, taking a chance, it has been questioned to Russian Ambassador to Japan Galuzin officially yesterday.

"A car with a diplomatic license plate has become a problem because of a traffic fine.
A direct hit on the Russian ambassador with the most violations yielded a surprising answer.

Russian Ambassador to Japan Galuzin leaving Japan in November.
At one point, the ambassador was irritated by the FNN reporter's direct hit on "some other issue," amidst the traditional allegations surrounding the invasion of Ukraine. The problem is about the current situation where diplomatic privileges are used as a shield to overturn parking fines.

Reporter: "Are Russian diplomats less conscious of following the law?"
Russian Ambassador to Japan Galuzin: "That was a long, long time ago. Your recognition is two or three years behind."
Reporter: "No. We have the latest data from the Japanese police."
Russian Ambassador to Japan Galuzin: "...do you want me to answer or do you want to discuss?"

"Do you want to have a discussion?" Ambassador told reporters about the issue of cars with diplomatic license plates.
Cars with diplomatic license plates have been filmed violating laws and regulations, regardless of country.
They run on the shoulder of a congested expressway, or run wild in a lane that is designated as a "bus-only lane" in the morning.
Among them, the most conspicuous is "parking violation".

In October, on a road in Kanagawa Prefecture, one of them parked on the road imposingly without pulling to the left.
These diplomat-licensed cars are also ticketed for parking violations.
However, they have "diplomatic immunity" that exempts them from trial and seizure, even if they do not pay or ignore them.
The Russian diplomat who tried to drive after illegally parking and drinking beer at a restaurant for about 40 minutes offered a surprising excuse.

Reporter: "I don't think it's good but what do you think?"
Drunk Russian diplomat 'but (parked) only for 2 minutes'
Reporter: What did you drink?
Drunk Russian diplomat: "That's... Oolong Tea"

These parking violations are particularly conspicuous for Russian diplomatic license plates with the number "79" in head.
Russia has the highest number of diplomatic immunity violations.
So, FNN hit this problem directly at the press conference of Ambassador Galuzin.

Russian Ambassador Galuzin to Japan: "The situation has improved significantly. We are very strict."

Ambassador Galuzin reiterated that the situation has improved significantly.
However, from the National Police Agency materials that FNN independently obtained, we can see the exact opposite situation.
In 2019, there were 1,101 cases of parking violations with Russian diplomatic license plates, compared to 1,496 in 2020.
And the latest fiscal year 2021 not only continues to increase to 1,826 cases but also approaches 50% of the total number of cases.
However, Ambassador Galuzin is preoccupied with comments that can be taken as an excuse.

Russia's Ambassador to Japan Galuzin: "It's not just only the Russian embassy that makes MISTAKES"

As Russia's lawlessness beyond the invasion of Ukraine becomes clear, the consciousness of protecting the law is once again being questioned."

Last edited:
Personaly had similar experience with Russian citizens and officials, multiple times!!!
When my wife, Joline, and I were in Baden-Baden a few years ago, I was talking to the cashier at one of that city's spas. She said that Russian tourists were so rude that many places would now not even admit them in to their businesses. She demonstrated how they paid their bills by wadding up a few bills, taking them out of her pocket and literally throwing the wadded up bills onto the counter. The term "Ugly American" was in vogue some years ago but I wonder what the local names are now for the boorish Russians.

Attachments

• DSC00602.JPG
    DSC00602.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
When I was at a restaurant in Mestre, Italy, there was a Russian couple a few tables over. They kept looking over at us and making rude comments about me (loudly, in Russian).

In Bulgarian, I asked if they would tone it down, people were trying to enjoy their dinner and smiled when I asked.

He replied with some expletives and said "we can go outside anytime".

I smiled and said (quietly, in unmistakable American-english), "you want to f*ck around, we'll do it here and after I beat your stupid ass, I'll make you pay everyone's bill. Now shut the f*ck up and eat while you still have teeth".

Aparently, he decided dinner was more important and let it go.

By the way, the food in Mestre is excellent.

When I was at a restaurant in Mestre, Italy, there was a Russian couple a few tables over. They kept looking over at us and making rude comments about me (loudly, in Russian).

In Bulgarian, I asked if they would tone it down, people were trying to enjoy their dinner and smiled when I asked.

He replied with some expletives and said "we can go outside anytime".

I smiled and said (quietly, in unmistakable American-english), "you want to f*ck around, we'll do it here and after I beat your stupid ass, I'll make you pay everyone's bill. Now shut the f*ck up and eat while you still have teeth".

Aparently, he decided dinner was more important and let it go.

By the way, the food in Mestre is excellent.
Perhaps sending a couple of Ukrainians over to his table may have also been appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back