Japan and Japanese (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I forgot statues though the authority does not id who did it yet.

statue_disappeared.jpg

Nothing is sacred, and the scrap dealers don't ask questions... a colleague in Hungary once told me she went to a park that used to have a steam train in it, but was now gone. She asked a local if it had gone to a museum, and he said 'Bull shit - the f*ing Gypsies came down in a group and took it apart in a week!'
Not even graveyards are safe, and the train services were frequently delayed through copper cables being chopped.

Hungarian embroidery seems to be popular among enthusiasts in Japan.

Hungarian_embroidery.jpg

Source: Liszt Hungarian Cultural Institute Tokyo

Hungarian embroidery seems to be popular among enthusiasts in Japan.

View attachment 789998
Source: Liszt Hungarian Cultural Institute Tokyo
The third one from the left doesn't look Hungarian.

This may be treated as breaking news -

Plan suddenly slows down

U.S.-Japan Patriot missile production plan hits Boeing component snag
Plan_slows_down.jpg

News a few days earlier.

Britain may review joint fighter jet program with Japan, Italy

A joint fighter jet development program involving Britain, Japan and Italy could come under review in Britain under the new Labour Party government amid concerns over costs, local media reported Friday.

Just imagine if it were a joint project between Italy, Germany and Japan! :lol:

I thought same, Dave :)
I don't think such an international joint project based on different expectations will go on schedule smoothly but -

Why Japan Chose Britain and Italy for Its F-X Fighter Program
5 reasons why Japan decided to jointly develop a next-generation fighter with the U.K. and Italy, not the U.S.

(Key point)

4: A Degree of Freedom in Future Modifications

Fourth, the United States' and Lockheed's refusal to share confidential technological information such as the source code has made Tokyo look to Britain for joint development. Tokyo is seeking access to the new fighter's source code to allow the JASDF to introduce independent and localized upgrades. Without such access, the JASDF cannot introduce its desired modifications freely – a bitter lesson for Tokyo that has affected its F-2s and F-15s (* and Japan was not allowed to join the F-35 development).

By contrast, the U.K. offered to cooperate in joint research and basic design of the engine and radar, both areas where Japan had been restricted during the development of the F-2. For this reason, there have been high expectations within Japan's Ministry of Defense that Japan could become an equal partner with Britain, unlike the United States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back