Japan and Japanese

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Recent Chinese tourists often abuse deers in Nara.
01.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XpiuOeteIA

Police stands to watch.
02.jpg

A Japanese Youtuber stands up to protect deers with direct advice to each rude tourist.
He was regarded as a rude Youtuber before but now a hero. He seems to have found himself a patriot.
03.jpg

Wen I was in Croatia, sime Russian tourists were abusing some cats in the main park in Zagreb - I went after them and was going to give them some of the same, but they ran like children.

When you are a tourist, you are a guest of that nation and should act accordingly.

And anyone that abuses animals (regardless of where they are) should be punished.

Agree Dave, though in my experience alot of tourists do things abroad that (I hope atleast) they wouldn't do at home.
I agree.
When I was in Italy, there were some Americans being idiots and were about to learn the hard way that Caribanari are not restrained by policies like American police are.

Also, in Bulgaria, I found it disturbing that English tourists were abusive to hotel and resort staff, especially in Nessebar and Sunny Beach.

I did encounter arrogant Russians in several places (Croatia, Italy, Bulgaria) who were being Assholes and I was not shy about confronting them.

They's say "Amerikanski?" and I'd reply "Da, Amerikanski..." and the situation resolved itself. :lol:

This is not meant as an excuse for bad behavior, but many tourists/temporary residents, or residents who have not yet acclimatized themselves to their new homelands, become 'lost' or overwhelmed by the differences in the social mores and societal abilities (or lack thereof).

For some instances the cause of the reaction is obvious, for other instances very much not so obvious. In some cases the reaction is fear, defensiveness, or bewilderment, while others react with abandon due to feeling free of their home country's social or legal restrictions.

Like I said, this is not an excuse for their behavior (at least not the bad type of behavior), but there is often a reason.behind their behavior that is not simply a lack of caring.

Once, many decades ago just after Mardi Gras, I was standing in line to pay a traffic ticket and someone near me was loudly saying, "Welcome to New Orleans." After several tirades of abuse, the man behind him asked what his ticket was for. The loud mouth had parked in front of a fire plug. The man then asked where he was from, with the response of a town in Pennsylvania. The man asked if he had parked by a fire plug in that town, would he expect a ticket? Before loudmouth could answer, another spoke up and said, "You're lucky there was no fire. The fire truck would have pushed your car away and it would have been towed." Silence from loudmouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back