Jigs?

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
54,785
40,146
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
In my castle....
Assembly jigs for biplanes etc., is that something that can be bought, or do you have to create the jig yourself?
 
I need new glasses - I read this as 'Jugs', and I wasn't thinking of the P-47 !
I did once see a rather expensive, plastic, or maybe wooden, adjustable jig-like thing advertised, but it's normally a case of building your own to suit the model and scale in question.
In the past, I've just used stiff card, sometimes formed into elongated boxes, which did the job.
 
I think usually plans are lofted and full size. So overlaying blocks and sticks for jigging are pretty easily made. A rib jig for a Christen Eagle is not difficult to make. I made a couple, one simple, one not so simple for the work platform for my Merlin's Magic build. Sooooo many jigs, so little space.
 

Attachments

  • 4a platform jig.jpg
    4a platform jig.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 6l seat back 3.jpg
    6l seat back 3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 132

Users who are viewing this thread

Back