John Gillespie Magee Jr.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

oldcrowcv63

Tech Sergeant
Jan 12, 2012
Northeast North Carolina
18 August 2016, the 75th anniversary of Anglo-American poet-aviator and RCAF Spitfire pilot John Gillespie Magee Jr flight into immortality, followed by his untimely, accidental death.

A very interesting, if tear-provoking account of the multinational threads. of his short life:

The Boy Hero and the Poet Legend > Vintage Wings of Canada

RIP Pilot Officer Magee :salute:

Great stuff.
I've been working on 'A poem in pictures', using 'High Flight', broken into lines accompanied by relevant Spitfire photos I've taken over the last couple of years, which, when I'm eventually happy with the finished version, I'll post on the forum.

I've been meaning to get it done for at least two years, but then I take more atmospheric Spitfire pics, and keep changing things around !
I'd prefer the pics to be of all the same aircraft, and all the same size and format, but circumstances dictate I have to use various subjects, and the forum 'system' dictates the size.
Maybe it would be better in an 'album' or 'slideshow' format, but, now that this thread has started, it's given me the 'kick' I need to get my Rs in gear and finish it properly !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back