John R. D. Braham Beaufighter VIf ??? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

le_steph40

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 18, 2011
Montech
www.facebook.com
Hello,

I'm looking for information on a Beaufighter VIf, serial X8147 that was operated by 141 Squadron RAF during summer 1943. The aircraft was the usual mount of the Squadron's Commander Wg Cdr JDR Braham. Does anybody know what the code for this aircraft is?
I read somewhere that it could be RD*B...?

TIA, best regards
Steph

Hello All,

Here is one of my old post... :-/
I found some informations: Beaufighter VIf, serial X8147 flown by John. R. D. Braham between June and September 1943 apparently coded TW-A and nick-named Betsy ? Anyone to confirm this ?
Other question regarding the paint scheme of Beaufighters VIf from 141 Sqn during this period, most probably day camo-scheme (medium sea grey/dark green upper surface with medium sea grey under surface) with dull red code ?
TIA, regards.
Stéph

According to a site about the 141st RAF Squadron one of the Beaus coded TW-K looked like in the profile. So it is possible that the undersides were black rater. A suggested period of time .. May 1943 - Jan 1944

141Sqn10.jpg

Hello All,

Here is one of my old post... :-/
I found some informations: Beaufighter VIf, serial X8147 flown by John. R. D. Braham between June and September 1943 apparently coded TW-A and nick-named Betsy ? Anyone to confirm this ?
Other question regarding the paint scheme of Beaufighters VIf from 141 Sqn during this period, most probably day camo-scheme (medium sea grey/dark green upper surface with medium sea grey under surface) with dull red code ?
TIA, regards.
Stéph

I believe the aircraft ID you've stated is confirmed by Mike Allen in "Pursuit Through Darkened Skies". Allen served with Braham, I believe flew the aircraft at one point.

The colour scheme ain't my specialty, but it's what the Mosquitos of the FIU and 410 Squadron were using over Europe on "Mahmoud" anti-nighfighter sorties, and what the Mossies of 418 and 605 Squadrons used for Intruder sorties in 1943.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back