Joystick/HOTAS (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm sporting the HOTAS Cougar and some CH pedals. Love the F-16 control setup so I had to get the home version for myself 8)

The best part is I can map almost everything to these sticks so the keyboard becomes practically obsolete

Attachments

• cougar.jpeg
    cougar.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 135
That setup is alot like the X52 system, which has presets fer-days...

The Saitek profile management system allows you to completely customize the assigments. Same with the keyboard, which you can switch between normal mode and gaming mode, and in gaming mode, you can assign the keys with presets for your different profiles.

Definately a good combo to have...

Attachments

• gaming_setup.jpg
    gaming_setup.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 81
Saitek X52. Stick is in chest and i use better MS sidewinder2FF and throtle from X52.

I have a complete CH products setup. Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, and Pro Pedals. The CH software is the best joystick software I've ever used. I've never had any issues in almost 5 years with this setup.

Hotas Cougar with Saitek Pro rudder pedals, combined with a logitech G15 keyboard and TrackIR in a Audio FX Pro headset...
:D

I'm sporting the HOTAS Cougar and some CH pedals. Love the F-16 control setup so I had to get the home version for myself 8)

The best part is I can map almost everything to these sticks so the keyboard becomes practically obsolete
Same for me. Coug' modded with IJ's NXT, throttle modded with IJ's UTM and "Hall Effect" sensors. Simped VarioPro to connect to the Coug'. TrackIR with 'Vector' rounds it off. AKG on the ears and a Rode Videomic doing the duties as a table mike.

What is a hotas? I googled it - is it those sets with the power lever and a cyclic/stick?

Is hotas supposed to stand for something?

I have completely customised HOTAS. I only use a x2 Logitech pcboards. Im using my own potentiometers, custom throttle/yoke/rudderpedals. I did post somewhere this project, but was still in its infancy and is completely differed now.

Most of my Hotas controls have axis assigned etc trims/pitch and then the usual yoke/pedals. I busy building a custom cockpit, to install all the controls as it becomes very difficult when I want to change from flying to racing and the moving of all the HOTAS controls is a painstakingly fragile process 

Come to think of it…I'll take some pics on the development of the custom cockpit

edd

I have completely customised HOTAS. I only use a x2 Logitech pcboards. Im using my own potentiometers, custom throttle/yoke/rudderpedals. I did post somewhere this project, but was still in its infancy and is completely differed now.

Most of my Hotas controls have axis assigned etc trims/pitch and then the usual yoke/pedals. I busy building a custom cockpit, to install all the controls as it becomes very difficult when I want to change from flying to racing and the moving of all the HOTAS controls is a painstakingly fragile process 

Come to think of it…I'll take some pics on the development of the custom cockpit

edd
Hey Eddie,
Great Post, how about wiring diagrams and possible hardware list.

Would like to build my own throttle/yoke/rudderpedals.

Any help really appreciated.

Jadesq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back