joystick problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VALENGO

Senior Airman
my old joystick was unoperable, so I´ve got a new one (Eurocase Mirage EUGA 200). Within calibration screen (windows control panel) all was fine, but once inside IL2 ailerons trend always a bit to right. This joy has not fine adjustemente wheel, so I must correct ailerons trim to left before every mission. I´m sure that the problem doesn´t comes from the engine torque but the joystick itself. Any advice?. Thanks.

The ailerons could be set that way on purpous till you get to high speed. some aircraft in game doesnt have aileron trim. What plane are you flying mostly?

Example:

The Bf-109 in game doesnt have rudder trim. So you will notice that in lower speeds, the ball isnt centered like it should be, but once you get to higher speeds the ball stays pretty much centered and you can fly almost hands off.

Hope this helps.

Reply to eddie: thanks, mate. Now downloading.
Reply to beaupower: believe you or not, in my Il2, BF109´s doesn´t have aileron trim (neither the rest of german planes) but they yes have rudder trim. I was thinking if the game engine is unable to manage both trims (rudder and aileron) and randomly is functional only one of two. In american planes I have both trims functional.
Edit: I forgot the most important thing: in "hardware setup - input" I can see that the ailerons axis has an offset to right, that´s the reason why I´m sure that it is a problem and not an issue of the game.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Only trim on the 109 is the elevator. In real life they had preset tabs on the aileron and rudder that the ground crew set to a predetermend position. I know the He-111 in the game has rudder trim, but I dont believe the 109 or 190 has rudder trim. I will have to fly them soon to try again, but Im pretty sure.

Beau: even from earlier versions of the game I can set rudder trim in the 109´s. Rudder trim (in my game) responses to the keys labeled "rudder left - rudder right" and not to the keys "rudder trim left", etc.
I understand that all of this dialog is about the game and not how the real 109´s was trimmed.

Valengo,

I'm trying to figure out how you can set an axis trim on an aircraft that does not have the ability to? It is IMPOSSIBLE to TRIM the rudder on a 109.

D

Your not really trimming the rudder, your actually moving it like you had rudder pedals, thats all your doing. I can see how it seems like your using the rudder trim, but basically your cheating the system, as no 109 had rudder trim as far as I know, only Elevator.

Ok, ok, gentlemen, but my rudder is actually moving side to side in little steps and stays in its last position until I hit the key "rudder neutral". It works exactly like a trim. I repeat that I don´t say that real 109´s had rudder trim, but they have it in my computer.
Anyway, I just remember another thing: my early joystick was same brand, same type than the actual and the ailerons axis was perfectly centered. :shock:

What your using is the keyboard commands for moving the rudder left and right for people who dont have a joystick. Im not knocking you using it for a rudder trim, and you will find if you leave it alone, and when you get to high speed in a 109, the ball will stay centered.

Its a cool idea using the rudder commands to act as a trim, and I would probably do the same thing, but i like the realism of not using rudder trim. :)

Yes, this is the case. I wonder why there is rudder left/right by steps, and rudder full left/right, and there is only "full" input for ailerons and elevator and not "by steps" for them.

Yeah, I saw that the other day as well. I would do what you do and just use it as a rudder trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back