Freetrack Problem

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

mabuse_

Recruit
Mar 24, 2009
Hi IL2 Fans,

maybe you can help me a little.

I recently started to play IL2. I always preferred the unrealistic open cockpit, because i found it impossible to get any overview and hence played only on arcade servers.

Then I found out about Freetrack. Got Myself a Wiimote and LEDs and now i've got the stuff running fine.

But when i want to fly, my joysick is gone. I can use either freetrack or my joystick. The joystick will work only, when freetrack is disabled in the conf.ini.
What makes freetrack worthless to me :(

Does anyone of you know about that problem, and has some proper solution?

first i want to welcome you, second i never heard of freetrack before so i cant really help you there.

Hi and welcome.

I'm a big fan of freetrack and it is the first time I read of a problem like this. Ok a few questions:

1 Did you go to the FreeTrack Forum to see if someone can help?

2. Do you have TrackIr installed on your pc? I have trackir, but find freetrack much better.

3. What is the Wiimote? Is it a cam, if is find out from FreeTrack Forum if it is compatible.

4. Is your sim modded? Are you using the 6DOF mod?

5. Did you try clean install of sim, before running Freetrack.

I'm here to help you, because trust me, when you have the 6DOF mod running, there is no way back :) :)

edd

Hi,

thanks for your replies.

@eddie_brunette:

yep.

No. Never had one.

It's the remote for the Nintendo Wii. Has a fast infrared cam.

No. They are forbidden on most servers anyway.

I'm going to to try that.

I read about a 6DOF mod from the AAA server. But it's not allowed on most "more grown-up" servers. And most arcade servers simply suck, there's no teamwork, just total chaos. At first it's fun, but it gets boring very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back