Ju 290A's ploughed into mountains in Spain

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Erich

the old Sage
May 20, 2004
Platonic Sphere
Gents

looking for any and as much information on the following Ju 290's

2./FAGr 5 : Ju 290A-3 crashed into mountain during bad weather at Lesaca, Spain, coded 9V+DK, December 26, 1943

2./FAGr 5 : Ju 290A-7 crashed into Mountain at Posadade Llanes, Spain, coded 9V+LK, May 30, 1944.

any ideas where to search/look ?

thanks much

Erich ~

Hi Erich ¡

2./FAGr 5 : Ju 290A-7 crashed into Mountain at Posadade Llanes, Spain, coded 9V+LK, May 30, 1944.

I only can help by the moment with this:
This Fw290 crashed in Asturias, in Posada de LLanes. according to data It seems that It had been damaged (I couldn´t find If mechanical problems or combat damage). It received permission to emergency land by Spanish authorities and was trying to reach a militar airport, probably in Leon (near Asturias). All finished when collided with the mountain.
I hope this can help something

Best regards

Hartmann many thanks for this information. do you have anything on the other crash ? also with the info's you gave do you know if the Kondor crew is buried in Spain or removed to Germany ?

very much appreciated

Erich ~

Erich, with the question about Ju-290s and Spain, my spidey-sense started tingling.

Are you working on a project about the plane and/or the destination?

If so, do you have any info on a Ju-290 loss on Dec 28/29, 1944? It was brought down by a US 417th NFS Beau.

I could find references about the regularity of such flights from Germany to Spain, even hints at cargos, but nothing definitive.

Hi Erich ¡¡

Hartmann many thanks for this information. do you have anything on the other crash ?

Unfortunatelly this data is from my notes and Pc hard drive data from other people, taken a long time ago in a short trip to the "ministerio del aire Español" ("Spanish Air force ministry") but I didn´t take much more attention to this. I only have the crashes and little more data. I don´t know If the crew was repatriated or buried in Spain. I will try to ask some friends.

Concerning more Junkers 290 flights and crashs, There is another one in 6 of April of 1945 in the Spanish airport of "El prat de Llobregat" in Barcelona. There was heavy fog so it crash landed slightly damaging the engine propellers of the internal left wing motor and some other slight damage. It was the Ju290 A-5 of Lufthansa "D-ATIR" "Bayeren" (or "Bayern" I suspect) Werk Nr 110 178.
It was interned and later bought by the Spanish Air force.

There are some other not confirmed flights in late April of 1945 to El Prat airport carrying SS and high headquarter nazi officers (one even claiming the presence of Hans Kammler), but that´s another history. Those flights are not confirmed (at least, not officially).

I hope this can help Erich

Best regards :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back