Ju 88-14 in 1/48?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Gentlemen,

With the numbers of different sets of decals for the A-14 version of our beloved Ju 88, I have to say it's funny, that I've never seen a conversion set for this bird, or have I just missed it?

:lol:

Is there or was there ever such set in 1/48? I know that Hasegawa did an A-14 in 1/72....

Just wondering....

And what might the differences be in the -14 Jan? All I could find is that it was a anti-ship strike platform.

Geo

EDIT: Ok, I found this...

A number of Ju 88s had been equipped with forward mounted MG FF 20mm cannon in the starboard side of the nose using modification kits. The A-14 was a factory produced variant that carried the same cannon in the ventral gondola. It was otherwise similar to the A-4.

Last edited:
A-14=A-4 with 20mm MG FF cannon. You are kidding aren't you? A resin set for what ... ???? For a barrel of the MG-FF gun? :shock:

Ju-88A-14.jpg

jk_a72002.jpg

Yep... the one in the second pic of my post above is 1/72 JK Cast resin set (JK A72002) for the cannon both the Hasegawa and Italeri kit. I don't think there should be any problem to make it from scratch for the 1/48 scale.

Dear Pal, I don't think there are needed any special skills. Just some of polistyrene and sandpaper. Oh... and maybe a hypodermic needle for a barrel.

Go for it Jan - 'Scratch! Scratch! Scratch!' :)

I'm sure you could do a worthy job using the method Wojtek said, much cheaper than buying resin sets too.

I was wondering how difficult would be making of a such mount from scratch and found the diagram and pic in Aero Detail book. The correction is so easy to make that spending of any money for any rasin set is ..... :lol:

Ju-88_MGFF mount.jpg

Ju-88_MGFF mount_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back