JU-88 G-6

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Commissar

Recruit
Jun 6, 2010
Hi Folks,

Can someone tell me what gun controls were available to the pilot of a JU-88 G-6 and where they were located? Were they buttons or triggers? What controlled the ventral guns and what controlled the schrage musik?

I assume that the controls were on the pilot's stick, but the exact location of the gun controls and their configuration is hard information to come by.

Best,
~C

Greetings David glad to see you here

the Ju 88G fighter had a push button switch enlcosed into the upper right end of the U shaped steering wheel/column. the push button had a protective mounting cover over it for safety reasons that was easily moved off when attack/firing took place.

Hi Erich--Great to talk to you again! Thanks for the answer! I still can't quite figure out how the pilot switched between the two gun systems. Like we discussed before, info on the G-6 is incredibly scarce. :(

Bestens,
David

Erich is right.
Every fixed installed gun is fired by using the afore mentioned button on the "Hörnerschwenkgriff".
See p.15, L.Dv.T. 2088 G1/Wa: Ju 88 G-1, Schußwaffenanlage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back