Keith Quilter's Corsair Pacific Theatre Serial Number

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lancaster630

Airman 1st Class
Feb 26, 2007
Hello All,

I went to a fantastic interview today with Mr Quilter and have been inspired to build a model of his 1842 Squadron Corsair from HMS Formidable in the Pacific Theatre.

I have found from the pic of the painting he had done that his aircraft had the Number 145 on it but the actual serial number under Royal Navy is illusive.

I have tried to Google it to no avail, does anyone know where I can look?

I would have asked but he was otherwise engaged after the talk.

KD804 was the serial number for Number 145. There is no mention of this aircraft serving on the HMS Formidable other than it served with 1842 Squadron. He also flew KD794, Number 146. This aircraft is listed as flying off the HMS Formidable. In this aircraft, on March 20, 1945, he was hit by flak and forced to ditch. He was picked up by the U.S. submarine, USS Scabbardfish.

Last edited:
Hi fubar57,

Thank you ever so much for the help! I only got 145 from this painting he had done for him of him leading his section in an attack. But if 146 was the one he was shot down in after attacking the destroyer I will go for that one I assume same whit X on the tail and all over blue finish?

Kind Regards

Christopher

Attachments

• Vw86NJvi.jpg
    Vw86NJvi.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 123
It has been ordered along with all the transfer sheets needed :)

I am due to start it on the 13th but will probably be priming it before then :) Will remember to post updates on this forum!

Thank you again, which book did you get the information from please?

Wow that asks quite the price tag! Thank you more so for your help with this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back