KI-43 ?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

VA5124

Senior Airman
Apr 8, 2021
What is everyones opinions on the KI-43 i dont know enough about it to form one so im trying to learn

Initially, the KI-43 was a follow-on to the KI-27, which itself had good success armed with only two MGs.

Once the war started in earnest, they (the IJA) soon found out that the two 7.7mms were not adequate and started a series of modifications.

Keep in mind that virtually all fighters in the world, through the late 30's, were armed with at least two MGs in a variant of the .30 caliber range.

Yeah engine weight can be a problem

I was getting more at the Japanese valuing maneuverability and range over weapons or armor, on the limitations they were working with.

They sure made good use of it even with its light armament. Many of the Allied reports from CBI and Indonesia regarding fighting "Zeroes" were actually reporting about Oscars.

I was getting more at the Japanese valuing maneuverability and range over weapons or armor, on the limitations they were working with.

They sure made good use of it even with its light armament. Many of the Allied reports from CBI and Indonesia regarding fighting "Zeroes" were actually reporting about Oscars.
Do they look enough alike to get them mixed up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back