La-5FN

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Translated Rechline document of a La-5fn in English

Source Below
Lavochkin La-5

Enjoy Micdrow
 

Attachments

  • La5-Rechlin-test.pdf
    La5-Rechlin-test.pdf
    487.6 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 2242.jpg
    2242.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 990
I am not a good student of Russian fighters.

Does anyone know if these late war designs were fitted with armour and/or fire suppression technology.

This is an impressive appraisal. Surpised that it was dated 20 March 1945 however. You would have thought the evaluation would have been done earlier.

The report confirms statements I have read elsewhere, but these other sources were much cruder in their description. They basically said "avoid dogfights with these a/c at lower altitudes"

Final question, these a/c were made of wood basically. Were they as strong as the LW contemporaries???
 
Hi Micdrow,

>Translated Rechline document of a La-5fn in English

I was not entirely satisfied with the above translation, so I made my own. Note that there is one data point where I have a slightly different speed which comes directly from the original scan. (Must be a typo in the above translation.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
 

Attachments

Hi Micdrow,

>Translated Rechline document of a La-5fn in English

I was not entirely satisfied with the above translation, so I made my own. Note that there is one data point where I have a slightly different speed which comes directly from the original scan. (Must be a typo in the above translation.)

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Great job there Henning, Many thanks for the translation.
 
  • "La-5 aircraft with M-82FN engine - Instructions for aviation mechanics", 1943
  • "Pilot's Instructions for La-5 aircraft with M-82FN engine", 1943
  • "Maintenance Manual for La-5 aircraft with M-82FN engine", 1944
  • "La-7 and La-5FN operation in winter conditions", 1945
 

Attachments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back