Lancaster at Willow Run 2009

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A beautiful aircraft! being painted so dark it is a bit hard to photograph... well anyway:

594918093_LLFB4-L-1.jpg

594918237_cKPiz-L-1.jpg

594918135_dDJEG-L-1.jpg

595729637_pxJ7d-L.jpg

more can be seen at: SmugMug Photo Video Sharing. You look better here.

Love the ground shot. I was able to go in 2006 and 2007. It was overcast and my light meter did not like it at all. Yours shots are a lot better than mine. How many C-130 showed up?

DBII

The Canadian Warplane Hheritage Museum has dedicated its Mynarski Memorial Lancaster to the memory of Pilot Officer Andrew Charles Mynarski, VC, of 419 (Moose) Squadron, 6 (RCAF) Group. Mynarski won 6 Group's only Victoria Cross, the Commonwealth's highest award for gallantry in battle. On the night of 12/13 June 1944, his Lancaster X was shot down by a Luftwafffe night fighter. As the bomber plunged earthwards, Mynarski, his flying clothing afire, tried in vain to free his trapped rear gunner from the jammed rear turret. Miraculously, the gunner lived to relate the story of Mynarski's bravery. Unfortunately, Mynarski died from his severe burns.

Nice!

I'd love to see it in a formation flight with a B24 and B17
some where out there there has to be a pic of it flying with 2 B24's and up to5 or more B17s it was at Geneseo back in the late 80's or early 90's
There is a vid on Youtube of it flying with Fuddy Duddy before it was sleazed away from Geneseo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back