Lancaster Cable Cutters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sorry, I mean Fokker Aircraft, I had a stroke, so I am in heliomare, revalidation hospital.
Sam

Sorry, I mean Fokker Aircraft, I had a stroke, so I am in heliomare, revalidation hospital.
Sam
Hoi Sam, het spijt me dat te horen, ik hoop dat het snel beter gaat, hou je taai.
Marcel,
I have already tried to reach him, he has no computer, but I think he bouught it in Maastricht. I also have an Aldis Lamp they used in a Lancaster for signaling puposes on night flights. ??
I used to owrk for Fokker aircraft.
I have some very rare fotoos of Fukker aircraft from before the war, I will digitise them and place them on the forum..
Sam
That would definitely be awesome! Thank you very much in advance!

The British balloons were eventually fitted with a squeaker that emitted a radio signal enabling the friendly aircraft to detect when they were nearing a balloon, there was much trouble geting the right frequency and system set up but they did work reasonably well. One UK area had to stop using the squeakers because of radio interference elsewhere.

I forget where I got this image, but here it is.

DSCN1428.jpg

Super tread I never imaginated. Very interesting this kind of device, never known.
Thank you so much dear friends!!!

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

:thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC_0268.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 87
  • DSC_0269.JPG
    8 MB · Views: 86
  • DSC_0270.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0271.JPG
    8.5 MB · Views: 65
  • DSC_0272.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0273.JPG
    8.4 MB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0274.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0275.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 82
Thanks for sharing. I have have a relic one....awesome to see one in such a perfect condition.

No problem, tempted to take the cover off now and have a look :D

20161010_194205.jpg

Let me know if you want any more photo's, we also have a 20mm flat feed machine gun mechanism that Sir James designed.

Last edited:
From the Sir James Martin offical biography

It is impossible to calculate the success of the cable cutters, but on the basis of the feedback that he received James estimated that in excess of 500 aircraft and 2500 crew were saved by the cutters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back