Lethbridge International Air Show

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Old Wizard

2nd Lieutenant
Mar 26, 2008
Lethbridge AB
This is airshow weekend here in Lethbridge and I have made several dashes out my patio door when my ears pick-up on some wonderful engine sounds. Of course I'm just a little too late to get a good look at what's flying over. First thing this morning I took a trip out to the airport to see what I could see.:D None of the biggies [C-5 and C-17] have arrived yet, but the Tora Tora guys are here along with assorted T-6s [Harvards], Yak 11s, a pair of A-10s, a pair of F-18s. One of the Yak 11s quietly took off and proceeded to execute very high-speed [for a Yak 11] passes and smoke-trailing aerobatics. Judging from the speed and snarl of the engine, he's got something very un-stock under the cowling.:D

This is airshow weekend here in Lethbridge and I have made several dashes out my patio door when my ears pick-up on some wonderful engine sounds. Of course I'm just a little too late to get a good look at what's flying over. First thing this morning I took a trip out to the airport to see what I could see.:D None of the biggies [C-5 and C-17] have arrived yet, but the Tora Tora guys are here along with assorted T-6s [Harvards], Yak 11s, a pair of A-10s, a pair of F-18s. One of the Yak 11s quietly took off and proceeded to execute very high-speed [for a Yak 11] passes and smoke-trailing aerobatics. Judging from the speed and snarl of the engine, he's got something very un-stock under the cowling.:D

Damn! I'm driving through Alberta now but I won't go through Lethbridge!

{Going towards Calgary from the 'Hat}

The rumored C-5 was just that, a rumor. The weather for the two days was fabulous, upper 80s but with high humidity.[this is very very unusual for Southern Alberta]. Great to see all those piston engined aircraft roaring through the skies. The B-25 did some quite low passes.:salute: Up close, the C-17 is quite impressive. The Tora Tora Tora boys put on their usual great show and the A-10 and F-18 close support passes were impressive. Got love the sound of those cannons.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back