Lethbridge International Air Show

Discussion in 'WWII Events' started by Old Wizard, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Old Wizard

Old Wizard Well-Known Member

This is airshow weekend here in Lethbridge and I have made several dashes out my patio door when my ears pick-up on some wonderful engine sounds. Of course I'm just a little too late to get a good look at what's flying over. First thing this morning I took a trip out to the airport to see what I could see.:D None of the biggies [C-5 and C-17] have arrived yet, but the Tora Tora guys are here along with assorted T-6s [Harvards], Yak 11s, a pair of A-10s, a pair of F-18s. One of the Yak 11s quietly took off and proceeded to execute very high-speed [for a Yak 11] passes and smoke-trailing aerobatics. Judging from the speed and snarl of the engine, he's got something very un-stock under the cowling.:D

2. freebird

freebird Active Member

Damn! I'm driving through Alberta now but I won't go through Lethbridge!

{Going towards Calgary from the 'Hat}

3. Old Wizard

Old Wizard Well-Known Member

The rumored C-5 was just that, a rumor. The weather for the two days was fabulous, upper 80s but with high humidity.[this is very very unusual for Southern Alberta]. Great to see all those piston engined aircraft roaring through the skies. The B-25 did some quite low passes.:salute: Up close, the C-17 is quite impressive. The Tora Tora Tora boys put on their usual great show and the A-10 and F-18 close support passes were impressive. Got love the sound of those cannons.:D