List of Air Shows in the US? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Rusker

Airman
Aug 21, 2007
Is there a list of the different airshows you can find gatherings of WW2 aircraft? I'll be taking a spring and summer vacation this year so I'd like to attend a show if possible.

We haven't had an airshow at McChord AFB here in WA in the last few years. :|

Thunder Over Michigan is in August. I have gone twice in the past three years. If you like shooting pictures, pay extra for the photo pit/photo pass. They have a beer tent at the end of the runway away from the crowd. The price includes lunch and drinks. You can also get in before the gates are opened to the public.

DBII

Is Thunder Over Michigan the biggest show with WW2 era planes in attendance? If so, I may need to make a special trip someday. :)

Chino is a big one for WWII aircraft. It's the biggest one I attend here out west. In the past few years they have thrown together some great stuff. 2007, THREE P-38s in formation, TWO REAL zeros in formation. 2006: P-26, P-35, P-51, F-86 in formation!, P-51A in formation with a Zero and so much more. I think it was 2005 they had 4 P-47s in formation!

Every year, it's something amazing and more. If you haven't been to a Chino show, I highly recommend it. Just be prepared to have a sore neck at the end of the day from watching airplanes zoom by. If you have a heavy lens, your arms will feel like lead. But it is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back