Lockheed Martin Trying To Sell The F-35

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I saw this on a forum today. The F-35 may not be right for everyone, but if all 3 versions work as advertised, this aircraft may see a 60 year shelf life.

"I just happen to fly F-16's and can state unequivocably thst unless you are intimately familar with our capabilities relative to near peer adversaries, you are missing a major piece of the arguement. I'm here to tell you that our technological advantage that you and all Americans have enjoyed for the past 40 yrs is over relative to air to air combat. I would suggest you not simply look at cost, that's sophmorically easy. To create a aircraft that does all we are asking the F-35 to be able to do is extremely complex and expensive. Like the Eagle and Viper before it, it cost money to guarantee victory. Building airplanes to fly and shoot missiles is reasonably easy, building airplanes to guarantee victory for the next 40 yrs is tough. I can affirm from the warrior side of this discussion, we need the capability to keep all of you safe and be able to execute or national strategic objectives."

Oh... well then perhaps Canada doesn't need a 40yo airframe and avionics backbone. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back