Lockheed XP-73 Sqwordstar

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pretty good, TBolt!

Here's one I just did ...

View attachment 226116

Sorry I posted this thread. Got an email about it from a normally-reliable source and thought it was too "off the wall," but decided to post and see if anyone knew anything about it. Maybe next time I'll do some digging before inserting foot into mouth in public ... I wasn't too sure it was real but WAS sure the people in here would have info on it if anyone did.

Last edited:
The one above is, of course, the Red Bull aircraft which, in itself, is unusual. It is a P-38L that has been fitted with P-38F cowlings, so the lines have been changed to protect the innocent in any case.

.....Sorry I posted this thread. Got an email about it from a normally-reliable source and thought it was too "off the wall," but decided to post and see if anyone knew anything about it. Maybe next time I'll do some digging before inserting foot into mouth in public ... I wasn't too sure it was real but WAS sure the people in here would have info on it if anyone did.
Don't worry about it, it's been a lot of fun.

Pretty good, TBolt!

View attachment 226116

Sorry I posted this thread. Got an email about it from a normally-reliable source and thought it was too "off the wall," but decided to post and see if anyone knew anything about it. Maybe next time I'll do some digging before inserting foot into mouth in public ... I wasn't too sure it was real but WAS sure the people in here would have info on it if anyone did.
took me a full minute to notice you'd added a third engine Greg !!!

Pretty good, TBolt!

View attachment 226116

That would solve the cold cockpit problems .

Yea it would, but carbon monoxide fumes might become an issue ... and you'd have to have a significantly stronger nosewheel, maybe with steering capability.

Now if only we had some armament we could attack somebody!

Used the Red Bull Lightning for this one. Worked out a lot better

Attachments

• 236422P38POINCIN268111-1.jpg
    236422P38POINCIN268111-1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 290
Yea it would, but carbon monoxide fumes might become an issue ... and you'd have to have a significantly stronger nosewheel, maybe with steering capability.

Now if only we had some armament we could attack somebody!

Where does the turbo for the third engine go? Guns? Synchronised through the prop?

It's one of those miniature turbos, like on a Subaru, and spins on an air bearing at 200,000 rpm.

I've decided to equip it with phaser disruptors off the starship Enterprise, since we're doing "what ifs," and the propeller interrupter gear is VERY necerssary. Perhaps photon torpedos?

Most pilots spend their time on the hollodeck while the autopilot flies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back