Long-Awaited Trident Arrives At North East Aircraft Museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great stuff ! Good to see this bird being preserved. The '3 ring burner' was a 'hero' when I was a teenager, and somewhere I still have the 'cutaway' poster BEA sent me in the mid 60's.
Also good to see the Museum is going from strength to strength - must get up there sometime.

Hey 'airframes'
:) thought u might be interested to know that her wings have joined her at NEAM now and she is just waiting to be moved before restoration can begin.
Its planned to paint her in the yellow-and-black livery of North East Airlines which operated four Tridents in the early 70's.
Would be great to see you at the museum sometime..

Anna :)
NEAM Publicity

Thanks for the info Anna. I'll try to get back up north someday, probably when I get up to visit Elvington. I remember going to the first open day when Usworth re-opened, in the early 1960s, and used to visit quite often when I lived in the North East - I also remember when North East Airlines were BKS ...... !!

Hey marra, bout time we got a visit going. Bit late for this year, but on the list for spring maybe ? Could even get our Swettish friend to leave his Guinness behind for a day or two - if we're LUCKY !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back