Looking for Kits C-46 and C-54

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Robert Porter

Senior Master Sergeant
Does anyone have any idea of where I could find 1:48 or larger scale kits for a C-46 or C-54? Have seen a few from Curtiss on eBay but they are all 1:72. Also looking for a DC4.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

Bob

Last edited:
RCM makes a vacu-form C-46 and you have to do a lot of scratch building, but yikes!!!!!, 108$US
RCM 1/48 C-46 Commando,

Execuform makes a 1/48 DC-4, also vacu-form
starting on my 1/48 C-54... - FineScale Modeler - Essential magazine for scale model builders, model kit reviews, how-to scale modeling, and scale modeling products

RCM also makes a vacuform DC-4 / C-54 same as above and less yikes but still 99$US
RCM 1/48 Douglas DC-4 / C-54,

I have no idea on the availability of kits

Yikes is right! Sigh... Oh well perhaps one will show up. I had been watching a TV Show called Ice Pilots about an airline that operates in the Northwest Territories in Canada. They run many old vintage WWII warbirds as both cargo and passenger carriers. Thought it would be fun to build a couple of kits, at least one painted in the Buffalo Airways colors!

Thanks for the info! Not even sure what a vacu-form kit is but I am about to learn!

Cheers,

Bob

I have two Monogram DC-3 kits and the first issue C-47 kit waiting. I bought the C-47 way back when it was first released and still have yet to do more than open the box. That tells you how long it takes me to get to a model.

Apparently Revell has yet to re-release them. My kits are pre-Revell issues from before the merger. Ebay usually has them and the OLD PLASTIC MODEL KITS site most likely has them listed, all be it at very high prices.

Apparently Revell has yet to re-release them. My kits are pre-Revell issues from before the merger.
Indeed, the few I have found are on sites like eBay, and 2 of the best apparent kits are from rather dodgy sellers based solely on disgruntled customer reports, so I will continue my search.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back