Looking for plane that are named Jane or Audrey. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

prem895

Staff Sergeant
Oct 7, 2012
Toronto/Beijing
I am trying to find aircraft that carried the names Jane or Audrey. Fighters,bombers.Allied or Axis. These are my wife and granddaughters names, and it gives me more ammunition to keep building.

There's a P-51D at Hill AFB named "Audrey", named after Col Peterson's wife. Col. Peterson was assigned to the 4th FG, 8th AF. As far as Jane goes, there's "Betty Jane" which is a TP-51C owned by the Collings Foundation.

There was a P-47D named "Lady Jane" piloted by Lt. Truluck of the 63rd FS, 56th FG, 8th AF.

There's a B-17 with "Jane" in it's nose art, however, the picture of the lady that goes with it is a little...um, racey? So perhaps we might skip over that one! :lol:

On the contrary, I do have in the stash the revell 1/48 b17, and it sounds like one I would like to have a gander at. Gives me the reason to build it.

Nice Dave. 1/48 Lancaster - Just Jane...

1.JPG

Kitsworld | Avro Lancaster

The Mitsubishi Ki- 21 was called JANE at one time. Whether a misidentified SALLY or something else, I can not say.

Revell made a 1/72 scale Ki-21 back in the day and I know MPM or Special Hobby boxed at least 2 version in 1/72.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back