Luftwaffe Rudder Pedal Info Needed (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gflinch

Recruit
Oct 15, 2008
Hello all, first time to this forum and first post here. Great place, lots of goodies!

Anyhow. Does any one have information on the more common Rudder Pedals that are installed in the FW190s and the BF109s? I have several cockpit pictures without any close-ups and I am trying to figure out the data plate that is on some, also if anyone has any manufacturing information on them, please let me know. I am working on some replica parts.

Greg

Hi gflinch! And Hi all! this is my first post here...

Hope these helps a little

mojapedala.jpg
rudderpedal8.jpg
rudderpedal7.jpg
rudderpedal6.jpg
rudderpedal3.jpg
rudderpedal2.jpg
untitled.jpg
Einheitspedal1.gif

Thats some impressive building....and while I'm a bit of a newcomer here myself I'll certainly extend a welcome to you joining the forum.
What material are you using for the pedal. The precision of the cuts suggests it is cut on a CNC router, but the layering of successive sections to match the metal (aluminum) cast pedal is a bit of genius.

Thanks for posting the progress shots.
Regards,
Derek

Thats some impressive building....and while I'm a bit of a newcomer here myself I'll certainly extend a welcome to you joining the forum.
What material are you using for the pedal. The precision of the cuts suggests it is cut on a CNC router, but the layering of successive sections to match the metal (aluminum) cast pedal is a bit of genius.

Thanks for posting the progress shots.
Regards,
Derek
General idea is to cast the pedals with polyurethane resin,so this model is made out of the dense cardboard.I used just scalpel knife,putty and sandpaper.It took me a lot of time to come up with templates.I was using the folowing pictures as a guideline,since the demolding process should be easier

119_1961_outline.jpg

119_1962.jpg

119_1961uporedna.jpg

I have finished the model,and paint it,and I will post pics tomorrow (I have to upload them)

p.s.Thanks for wellcome,and for your kind words

That is fascinating. Quite an art to make such a realistic looking mock-up....and then able to make a casting from this. I imagine there is a lot of work hours involved in this process.
Good update!
have a good weekend
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread

Back